Tuesday 12 May 2020

Sex as Entertainment











“You know, I’ve thought for a while that we’re living in the delusional fantasy of a naive thirteen year old girl. 

That basically sums up our culture.” 

— Peterson









SPOCK: 
I have successfully penetrated the next chamber of the alien's Interior, and I am witnessing some sort of dimensional image which I believe to be a representation of V'Ger's home planet. I am passing through a connecting tunnel. Apparently a kind of plasma-energy conduit. Possibly a field coil for gigantic imaging systems. Curious. I am seeing images of planets, moons, stars, whole galaxies all stored in here, recorded. It could be a record of V'Ger's entire journey. But who, or what, are we dealing with? The Epsilon Nine station, stored here with every detail. 

Captain, I am now quite convinced that all of this is V'Ger. 
That we are inside a living machine. 

Ilia. 
The sensor ...must contain some special meaning. 


I must try to mind-meld with it. 





Aaaaarhh!!!!







[Enterprise sickbay]

CHAPEL: 
Now scanning pons area. 
Spinal nerve fiber connection.

McCOY: 
Indications of some neurological trauma. 

The power pouring through that mind-meld must have been staggering.

SPOCK: 
Jim, ...I should have known.
KIRK: 
Were you right? 
About V'Ger?

SPOCK: 
A lifeform of its own, a conscious, living entity.

CHAPEL (OC): 
A living machine?

KIRK: 
It considers the Enterprise a living machine. 
That's why the probe refers it as an entity.

SPOCK: 
I saw V'Ger's planet, a planet populated by living machines. 
Unbelievable technology. 
V'Ger has knowledge that spans this universe. 

And, yet with all this pure logic, ...V'Ger is barren, cold, no mystery, no beauty. I should have known.

KIRK: 
Known? Known what? 
...Spock, what should you have known?

SPOCK: 
This simple feeling ...is beyond V'Ger's comprehension. 
No meaning, ...no hope, ...and, Jim, no answers. 

It's asking questions. 
‘Is this ...all I am? 
Is there nothing more?'


KIRK: 
Spock. ...Spock?

(as Spock turns Kirk and McCoy see that he is crying)

KIRK: 
Not for us?

SPOCK: 
No, Captain, not for us, ...for V'Ger. ...I weep for V'Ger, as I would for a brother. 
As I was when I came aboard, so is V'Ger now, empty, incomplete, ...searching. 
Logic and knowledge are not enough.


McCOY: 
Spock, are you saying that you've found, what you needed, but V'Ger hasn't?

DECKER: 
What would V'Ger need to fulfil itself?

SPOCK: 
Each of us, at some time in our life, turns to someone, a father, a brother, a god and asks 
‘Why am I here?' 
'What was I meant to be?' 
V'Ger hopes to touch its Creator to find its answers.

KIRK: 
'Is this all that I am?
 Is there nothing more?'

No comments:

Post a Comment