Saturday 10 September 2022

Alexandra, Princess of Wales




Gentlemen, Her 
Royal Highness...
HRH Alexandra, 
Princess of Wales :
Good morning, gentlemen. 
I hope I am not disturbing you.

Gielgood :
On the contrary, ma'am. 
Your presence here is always greatly appreciated.
We were just taking a vote on Mr. Merrick.
Her Royal Highness has shown 
the greatest interest in His Fate.

HRH Alexandra, 
Princess of Wales :
Indeed I have, sir, as has The Queen.
I have a brief communication from Her Majesty
which she has requested that I read to you :
"To the Governing Committee, 
London Hospital
I would very much like 
to commend you for the 
charitable face you have 
shown Mr. John Merrick, 
The Elephant Man.

It is laudable that you 
have provided one of 
England's most unfortunate sons 
with a safe and tranquil harbor, a home.

For this immeasurable kindness, 
as well as the many other acts of mercy
on behalf of The Poor, 
of which Mr. Carr Gomm 
has kept me informed, 
I gratefully 
Thank You.

Signed, 
Victoria."

I'm sure I can count on 
you gentlemen to do 
the Christian thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment