Tuesday 12 July 2022

Sun




The Colonel :
One night, I happened 
to see to him -- 
apart.... Lost.

A Showman is only as Good...
as his attraction --
It was ALL or 
NOTHING --

(He traps Elvis inside a Labyrinth of Mirrors, after first having moved around The Walls to cut him off and separate him from His Friends)

The Colonel :
Lost, My Boy?
The Roar of The Crowd;
The Life on The Road --
Coming home to your loved ones, 
pretending that nothing 
has changed --when 
everything has.

Yeah -- Lost.

I saw you -- apart from 
all the others.... Burdened.
Like you don't know 
how to get out of this....
But I Do -- Allow Me 
to Show You : 

(A Carny Stage-Hand cranks a lever for The Colonel — He opens The Back Door, exits The Labyrinth of Mirrors and walks behind The Walls)

Creatures of The Carnival -- 
and I am one myself.
Where I learned The Art 
of The Snow-Job.

Elvis :
Snow-Job?

The Colonel :
Yes! Like The Trick you do 
with The Wiggling -- 
geting all the girls het-up, 
empty their wallets and 
leave them with nothing 
but the smiles on their faces?

Elvis :
I'm no Trickster.

The Colonel :
OH Yes, you are..! 
All Showmen, Mr. Presley...

Your Future, Mr. Presley -- 
Blazing before you :
Recording contracts, 
Television, even 
HOLLYWOOD...

No comments:

Post a Comment