Saturday 12 March 2022

Spot's Jar


Spot-73 : 
It's barbaric, you know. 
Public executions are needless displays of authority 
to a people already sufficiently subjugated. 
It's cruel and unusual and beyond disturbing 
that this day is so celebrated amongst the masses. 


Dr. Agnes Jurati :
Where am I? 

Spot :
Of course, I say all this subject to 
the faith customary between 
A Domestic Ant and Their Master. Meow. 

Dr. Agnes Jurati :
What are you exactly? 
M-Maybe don't tell me. 

Spot :
I am Spot-73, Your Very Best Friend, of course. 

Dr. Agnes Jurati :
And I made you? 

Spot-73 :
Obviously. Meow.

[DOOR WHOOSHES OPEN] COMPUTER: 
Now announcing Her Excellency, the President of the Confederation of Earth. - Seven. - Agnes. 

JURATI: 
Um, not that you don't look hot, which you do, 
but where are your...? 

You do, of course, remember my husband. 

Yeah. Of course. Is anybody else hot with these collars? It's been a while, Doctor. It has. Has it? Yes. The last time I saw you, you were... gazing at the stars. Yes. Yes, the Stargazer. Yes! I mean, I'm a starga... 
I'm a stargazer. Madam President. 
Which, way to go, by the way. [CHUCKLES] 


Earlier, why did you call her ‘Seven’? 

….College nickname. 
It was a drinking game.

Earth President Annika Hansen :
Dr. Jurati.


SPOT-73
Meow. 


What is that, exactly? 
Have you, uh... 

SPOT-73
Meow? 

Dr. Agnes Jurati : 
Uh, well, apparently, 
I am mind-bendingly lonely 
basically anywhere. 
But you are president, 
so that's terrific.



The Queen :
This is Not Right. 
The Hive is gone. 
The Hive is Dead. 

Chronometer Misaligned. 
Quantum-level Deconfiguration. 

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix-01, 
Assist Me.

 There's a splinter in her flesh.
No beginning, no end. 

Annika’s Husband :
What's wrong with it? 

Dr. Agnes Jurati :
Isn't that kind of obvious? 

You ripped her from her body 
and stuck her in a tube. 

The Queen :
Hansen, Annika. Assimilated . 
Hansen, Annika. 
Escaped Assimilation. 


But YOU, You Fragile Teacup
YOU... are accustomed to this feeling ANYWHERE


Dr. Agnes Jurati :
What feeling? 

The Queen :
Un-belonging.



No comments:

Post a Comment