Thursday 10 February 2022

There I Was - Mother of God! — There I AM!



•Ignore• 
the nightmare in 
the bathroom. 
Just another ugly refugee 
from The Love Generation. 

Batman had never been able to accept the notion 
… often espoused by former drug abusers …
 that you can get a lot higher 
without drugs than with them. 

And neither have I, for that matter. 



When The Truth is found 
To be lies 
And all the joy 
Within you — dies 

Don't you want somebody to love 
Don't you need somebody to love 
Wouldn't you love somebody to love 
You better find somebody to love Love 
1965
The Great 
San Francisco 
Red-K Wave. 

When the garden flowers 

I recall one night 
in a place called 
The Matrix
There I was - 

Mother of God! 
There I am
Holy fuck

Uh, clearly I was a victim of 
the drug explosion … a natural street freak 
just eating whatever came by. 

Does anybody want some LSD? 
I got all the makin's … right here! All I need is a place to cook. I decided to eat only half of the acid at first … but I spilled the rest on the sleeve of my red woolen shirt. What's the trouble? Well, all this white stuff … on my sleeve … is LSD. With a bit of luck … his life was ruined forever … always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all his favorite bars … men in red woolen shirts … are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know. 


Strange memories on this nervous night in South Anerley. 

Has it been ten years? Twelve? It seems like a lifetime, the kind of peak that never comes again. 

Love is but a song I sing San Francisco in the middle '60s was a very special time and place to be a part of … - but no explanation … - You can make the mountains ring no mix of words or music or memories … can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive … in that corner of time in the world, whatever it meant. Though the bird is on the wing And you may not know why There was madness in any direction … - Come on, people, now - at any hour. - Smile on your brothers - You could strike sparks anywhere. Everybody get together - Try to love one another - There was a fantastic universal sense … that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle. Some may come and some may go That sense of inevitable victory over the forces of old and evil. Not in any mean or military sense - we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later … you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west … and with the right kind of eyes … you can almost see the high-water mark … that place where the wave finally broke … and rolled back.

No comments:

Post a Comment