Friday 27 March 2020

EPITASIS





In classical drama, the epitasis (Ancient Greek: ἐπίτασις) is the main action of a play, in which the trials and tribulations of the main character increase and build toward a climax and dénouement. 

It is the third and central part when a play is analyzed into five separate parts: prelude, protasis, epitasis, catastasis and catastrophe.


In modern dramatic theory, the dramatic arc is often referred to, which uses somewhat different divisions but is substantially the same concept overall.


“Victory? Victory, you say? Begun, This Clone War has.”

“The Son of Skywalker must not become a Jedi.”

“He Will Join Us, or Die.”




I have dreamed a dream, 
and now that dream has gone from me.


I know it was you, Fredo. 
You broke my heart. 
You broke my heart!



This guy don't just want to win, you know. 
He wants to bury you, he wants to humiliate you, he wants to prove to the whole world that you was nothing but some kind of a... a freak the first time out.









Vision: 
You're afraid.

Ultron: 
Of you?
Vision: 
Of Death. 
You're the last one.

Ultron: 
You were supposed to be the last. 
Stark asked for a savior, and settled for a slave.

Vision: 
I suppose we're both disappointments. 

[Ultron chuckles]

Ultron: 
I suppose we are.

Vision: 
Humans are odd. 
They think Order and Chaos are somehow opposites, and try to control what won't be. 
But there is Grace in their failings. 

I think you missed that.

Ultron: 
They're doomed.

Vision:
Yes. 
But a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts.
It's a privilege to be among them.

Ultron: 
You're unbearably naive.

Vision: 
Well - I was born yesterday. 



Father? 
If you can hear me, I failed. 
I failed you, I failed myself, and... and all humanity. 

I traded my birthright for a life submission in a world that's ruled by your enemies. 

There's nobody left to help them now... the people of the world... not since I... FATHER!!



It’s my fault. 
The whole thing is my fault. 
If I hadn't bought that damn book, none of this would have ever happened!

Doc: 
Well, it's all in the past.

Marty: 
You mean the future.

Doc: 
Whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment