Monday 15 February 2016

"I am the bearded cow-like sea beast."


CHUCK BURKS: Compadres. I teased out something very fabulous from your pottery there.

(Recorded sound of a man speaking a foreign language.)

CHUCK BURKS: Layered in under the ambience there. Guess what language that is.

(MULDER is tired. He has had a bad day.)

MULDER: Chuck, I've had a bad day.

CHUCK BURKS: It's a dead language. I had a linguist in here to listen to the recording. It's Aramaic.

SCULLY: That's the language that Christ spoke. (she looks up at MULDER) Did your linguist happen to translate it?

CHUCK BURKS: Yes, he did. It's in two parts. The first part here roughly translates as "I am the walrus. I am the walrus. Paul is dead. Coo-coo-ca-choo." (SCULLY gives a look.) Although there is no Aramaic word for "walrus." So it literally says "I am the bearded cow-like sea beast."

No comments:

Post a Comment