Saturday 22 December 2018

The Enkidu Principle : Stand Up, Young Man








Forget it, man.
What do you mean, forget it?


Stop beating it into the ground.
You ain't doing nobody no good.


Okay, new-meat. You get some sleep.
And save your strength, 'cause you're going to need it.
Tomorrow.


Why don't you just stay down, Luke?
He's just going to knock you down again, buddy.
It's not your fault. He's just too big.
Let him hit you in the nose and get some blood flowing.
Maybe the bosses'll stop it before he kills you.


I don't want to frighten him.


Stay down, Luke.


Stay down, Luke. He's gonna kill you.
Stay down!


Somebody ought to stop this thing.
Stay down.
You're beat!


You're going to have to kill me.




All right, pass right. Here we go.
King gets a three, queen deuce, seven pair of savannah's right here.
Deuce gets a four. No hell. Three gets a big ace.


I call.
Kick a buck.
A dollar?
One time.
All right, I'll call.
Hell, if I catch, I'm gonna burn you out. I call.
King, three, he got a four.
Queen, deuce gets a five.
Pair of seven gets a john.
And the big ace gets...slop in the face.
Okay, you still do the talking.

Cuter again.

I call.

Kick a buck.


What you got?


Pair of sevens.
I can see that, mother-head.
What have you got in the hole?
He ain't got nothing showing.
Raze his head off.
He's been betting...

All right, why don't you call him.
You've got to see it, Gambler.
I can't. I can't catch a damn thing...
I'm snake-bit. I fold.
King, four, three. You got a nine.
You got a nine. Nothing visible.
Pair of sevens and a jack gets a six.
Savannahs, you still a better, man.
Kick a buck.
Kick him back a buck!
I'll see your buck and back a buck.
Kick a buck.
Damn!
Don't look at me, mother-head.
What're you going to do, play like
a coconut? You got to call him.
I know he's got a pair of kings.
You don't have to stuff'em up my nose.
Well, you still got to call him, anyway.
The man's got kings. Get your tail out.
You wanna see him? Right there.
Nothing. Handful of nothing.
You stupid mullet-head,
he beat you with nothing.
Just like today when he kept
coming back at me. With nothing.
Sometimes nothing
can be a real cool hand.
Move over.
I'm going to sit in here
next to my boy.
Cool Hand Luke.

No comments:

Post a Comment