Friday 1 March 2024

The Irish Unification of 2024

Derry Girls Ending




DATA :
Sir, I am finding it difficult to understand 
many aspects of Ansata conduct. 
Much of their behavioural norm would 
be defined by my programme 
as unnecessary and unacceptable.

PICARD: 
By my programme as well, Data.

DATA: 
But if that is so, Captain, why are 
their methods so often successful
I have been reviewing the history 
of armed rebellion and it appears 
that terrorism IS an effective way 
to promote political change.

PICARD: 
Yes, it can be, but I have never subscribed to the theory that political power flows from the barrel of a gun.

DATA: 
Yet there are numerous examples where it was successful. The independence of the Mexican State from Spain, the Irish Unification of 2024, and the Kensey Rebellion.

PICARD: 
Yes, I am aware of them.

DATA: 
Then would it be accurate to say that 
Terrorism IS acceptable when all options 
for peaceful settlement 
have been foreclosed?

PICARD: 
Data, these are questions that Mankind 
has been struggling with throughout history. 
Your confusion is only human.

No comments:

Post a Comment