Thursday 22 November 2018

ALAN MOORE - Talks About Stan Lee, Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko


"I really don't have a great deal of respect for Stan Lee - 

I had huge respect for him when I was kid - I thought that he was possibly the best writer in The English Language that had ever been.

But as I said earlier, when you start in The Industry, you find out that Jack wasn't Jolly, 
and you find out why.

You find out that Steve wasn't Sturdy, 
and you find out why.

And you find out why Stan was Smilin'.

I don't think of him as a particularly gifted writer -

I'm not trying to slag somebody who's an old man - but....


(And it is a BIG ' but... ' )

I met Jack Kirby.

Jack Kirby created those characters.

I'm inclined to think he created almost all of them 
BY HIMSELF.

One of the things that makes me think that is -
Stan Lee... it's in one of those 'Origins of Marvel Comics' books - where he reminisces  about how him and Jolly Jack created
Captain America.


" What a great time that was where me and Jolly Jack created Captain America! "

Stan Lee was about TWELVE when Jack Kirby and Joe Simon created Captain America.

Now, that might be a slip of the memory, but.....
No.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment