Monday 22 February 2021

40








Don't worry, Mr. Durden. 
Airport parking. Long term. 
After you, Mr. Durden. 
After you. 

Something on your mind, dear? 

No. All right, yeah. 
Why wasn't I told about Project Mayhem? 

First rule of Project Mayhem is you do not ask questions.

Why didn't you include me in the beginning?

Fight Club was The Beginning. 
Now it's moved out of The Basements 
and it's called Project Mayhem. 

You and I started Fight Club together
Remember? 
It's as much Mine as it is Yours. 
Is this about You and Me?

Yeah. 

I thought we were doing this together.


You're missing The Point. 
This Does Not Belong to Us.
We are Not Special.

Fuck that. You should have told me. 
Hey, Tyler! Goddamn it, Tyler!

What do you want? 
A Statement of Purpose? 
Should I email you? 
Should I put this on your action item list? 

Look...

You decide your own level of Involvement! 

I will! I wanna know certain things first!

The First Rule of Project Mayhem... 

Shut up!
I wanna know What You're Thinking.

Fuck What You Know! 
Forget about what you think you know about Life, about Friendship, and especially about You and Me. 

What is that supposed to mean? 
What... What are you doing? 


Guys, what'll you wish you'd done before you die?

Paint a Self-Portrait.

Build a House.

And you? 

I don't know. Nothing.
Get in the right lane.

You have to know 
The Answer to This Question! 

If you died now, 
How would you feel about Your Life? 

I don't know! 
I wouldn't feel anything good about My Life. 
Is that what you want to hear me say?
Come on!

Not Good Enough. 
Stop fucking around! 

Tyler! Jesus Christ! 
Goddamn it! Goddamn it! 
Fuck you! 
Fuck Fight Club. 
Fuck Marla! 
I am sick of all your shit! 
Okay, man. Okay.
Quit screwing around. Steer!

Look at you!

Steer! 

Look at you! 
You're fucking pathetic! 
Why? Why? 

What are you talking about?

Why do you think I blew up your condo? 

What? 

Hitting Bottom isn't a Weekend Retreat. 
It's not a goddamn Seminar. 
Stop trying to control everything and just let go!
Let go! 

All right. 
Fine. Fine. 

I'd never been in a car accident. 
This must have been what all those people felt like before I filed them as statistics in my reports. 

Goddamn! 
We've just had a Near-Life experience

In The World I See, you're stalking elk through the Grand Canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Centre. 

You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. 

You'll climb the great thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. 

And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison in the empty car-pool lane of some abandoned superhighway. 

Feel better, champ. 

And then... 

Tyler? 

...Tyler was gone. 

Was I asleep? 
Had I slept? 

You are not a beautiful, unique snowflake, 
you understand me? 

The House had become a living thing, 
wet inside from so many people sweating and breathing. 

We are all part of the same compost heap... 

So many people moving, The House moved. 
Planet Tyler
I had to hug the walls, 
trapped inside this clockwork of Space Monkeys. 

You can't be smoking in here! 
You know how much ether is in This fucking House? 

Cooking and working and sleeping in teams. 

Hang on a second. 
It's under control, sir. 

Where's Tyler? 

Sir, the first rule of Project Mayhem is you do not... 

Right. Okay. 

I'm all alone. 
My Father dumped me. Tyler dumped me. 
I am Jack's broken heart. 
What comes next in Project Mayhem only Tyler knows. 
The second rule is you do not ask questions. 
Get the fuck away from me! Get the fuck away from me! 

Who are all these people? 

The Paper Street Soap Company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment