Sunday 12 December 2021

I Think I Can Help You with This






Michael :
So... we are going to talk about what happened back there. 
You could have gotten us killed. 

Evil Georgiou :
Don't you think I know that? 

Michael :
Then tell me what's going on. 
….You don't know, do you? 
Philippa, how long has this been happening? 

Evil Georgiou :
A couple of weeks. 
And it's getting more severe. 

Michael :
You could have come to me. 
I could have helped. 

Evil Georgiou :
Until I understand What's Going On, 
there's nothing to ask for

Michael :
That's not True. 
Discovery is filled with People... 

Evil Georgiou :
You will tell no one

Michael :
This isn't The Terran Universe. 
A Vulnerability 
is not a Death Sentence. 
You're Not Alone. 

We'll get through this. 
Trust Me. 

Evil Georgiou :
I remember another Michael Burnham 
telling me to Trust Her. 

She looked just as sincere as you do now. 
And we know how that ended. 




Paul :
…..You're talking to yourself. 
….I don't think you're crazy, 
for what it's worth. 
But I'm... curious. 

Adira Tal :
…You won't believe me. 

Paul :
You have no idea what goes on around here. 

Adira Tal :
Okay. Let me just say 
there's no head injuries. 
Okay. I was talking 
to my boyfriend. He's Trill. 
I got My Symbiont from him. 
When he died

Paul :
Um... My Understanding of Trill is that... 
you're supposed to be carrying his memories, not... 

Adira Tal :
His Soul? Yeah, I-I don't know how it happened this way, either. 
Maybe because we were so close. 

Paul :
Well, I'm, um... filling in 
the blanks a bit, 
but it sounds like you're holding onto someone you love. 
And I did that with Hugh 
while he was gone. 

Before he died, I thought of Life and Death as this linear thing with a distinct Beginning and End

And now I know 
Life will always surprise me.
 So... if you tell me that 
he's still with you... 
What's His Name…? 

Adira Tal :
Gray.

Paul :
 Gray. I Believe You. 

Adira Tal :
He... Says I need to make friends. 
But I don't know. 

Paul :
Well, he realises you have a lot to Give. 

Adira Tal :
What, you think I have something to give? 

Paul :
Are you kidding?
You can accomplish things none of us can even imagine
Including me, and I've imagined 
more than most. 

Adira Tal :
You're kind of, like, The Bomb, huh? 

Paul :
I was until you showed up. 

Gray :
I Like This Guy. 

Adira Tal :
He, um... He says He Likes You. 

Paul :
Well, he's clearly A Genius. 

Gray and Adira both laugh
She examines the spore drive implant on his forearm.

Adira Tal :
I think I can help you with this.

•••••

Dr. Culber
So we have Adira to thank for this? 

Paul :
God, I hated those things. 

Dr. Culber : 
I hated them more. 

Paul :
It's amazing. And she's only 16. 
She trusted me today. 

Dr. Culber : 
And that's bad, why? 

Paul :
Because I've never had time 
to be a tween's confidante. 

Dr. Culber : 
Paul. She's not gonna invite you 
to her slumber party. 
Why do you think you reached out to her today? 

Paul :
Because she's brilliant and... 
seemed to have 
a hard time 
with people 
or doing anything besides work. 

Dr. Culber : 
Remind you of anyone? 

Paul :
And... because she loves 
someone who died. 
But isn't gone

I never... ever thought I'd meet anyone who knew what that was like. 

And... I guess I'm grateful to her. 
And I want to help her somehow. 
And she has no idea. 

Dr. Culber : 
So tell her.

No comments:

Post a Comment