Thursday 15 August 2024

The Thrice-Named

 Knock, Knock! Who's There? 
Mickey. Mickey who
Mickey Mouse, Mickey Mantle, 
Mickey Rourke, Mickey Finn, 
Mickey Dolenz, Mickey Knox
Guilty? You bet your ass. 

But I think Charles Manson 
said it best when he said -- 
"I'm not herrrre, man...
I'm not here!" 

I don't blame Mickey or Mallory
I blame Ajax and Jack Frost and Frosted Flakes 
and Achy Breaky, Lyndon Johnson, Johnny Cash, 
Johnny Carson, Johnny Quest. 

I blame the Pope, and Pop-Tarts, 
the Popile Pocket Fisherman. Ahh!
I blame Jif, and jazz and O.J. Simpson, 
JFK, RFK, FDR, FBI, CIA, STP, 
AFL, CIO, ABC, NBC, JVC, VCR. 
I blame John Wilkes Booth 
and 
Sirhan Sirhan Sirhan 
and 
Mary Tyler Moore. 

I blame all people who 
use three names. 

Big Bird, Guilty, 
Barney, Guilty! 

I blame Jesus Christ 
and Jon Bon Jovi! 

I stick my right index finger 
in Wayne Newton's left eyeball
Not their parents, not drugs
not Society-at-Large. 

Do you want to know who I really blame? 
The Pittsburgh Pirates, because in 1947, 
Major League Baseball scouted 
a hot young pitching prospect 
named Fidel Castro. 

Hot outta Havana High, he had big speed 
and a nasty curveball but at the last minute, 
the teams all rescinded their offers. 

Just think about that - If Fidel had been drafted, huh huh? 
No Bay of Pigs, no Kennedy assassination, no cover-up, 
no Vietnam, no Nixon, no Ford, no bell-bottoms, 
no Brady Bunch, no earthshoes, no Reagan, no crack. 

No, we'd all be eating hotdogs and apple-pie 
and smoking big fat Cuban cigars. 

M-I-C. 
See you real soon. 

K-E-Y
Why? Because 
They Want To, 
That's Why. 

No comments:

Post a Comment