Wednesday 30 March 2022

You, My Dear, Cannot POSSIBLY Exist, So Go Away!









[Black void]
(Tegan comes across a metal structure, then two people sitting at a small round table playing a game similar to draughts. They glow white. The woman is dressed in Tudor style, with a big ruff framing her head. The man's ruff is very small around his neck.

TEGAN
Hello.

(The woman replies.

ANATTA
You, my dear, 
cannot possibly exist, 
so go away.



TEGAN
Look, hello. 

ANATTA
Did You see...? 

ANICCA
...why, did You? 

ANATTA
I asked first. 

ANICCA
So You did see!

ANATTA
...it proves nothing
Just because an illusion 
is shared doesn't mean --

ANICCA
-- of course not

ANATTA:
 Besides, How Do I Know 
That What You Think You See --

ANICCA
-- is What You Think You see? 

ANATTA
Or vice --

(As they both move pieces on their game board, we see they have the image of a snake on their forearms.

ANICCA
--versa. 

ANATTA
Exactly

(A younger man appears behind Tegan, laughs, and vanishes. 
The two figures recede into the distance.

ANICCA
...I can only conclude it is you 
who have invented her 
as a means of putting me 
off My Game.....

No comments:

Post a Comment