Monday, 4 October 2021

The Designated Survivor




ROSE: 
I'm begging you, don't kill them. 
You didn't kill me. 


DALEK: 
But why not? 

Why are you alive? 
My Function is to Kill. 

What am I? 
What am I?

[Office]
ROSE: 
Don't move. Don't do anything. 
It's beginning to 
Question Itself. 


DALEK: 
Van Statten. 
You tortured me. Why? 


VAN STATTEN: 
I wanted to help you. 
I just, I don't know. 
I was trying to help. 

I thought if we could 
get through to you, 
if we could mend you. 

I wanted you better. 

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry! 
I swear, I just wanted you to talk! 


(Van Statten is backed up against the wall.) 


DALEK: 
Then hear me talk now. 

Exterminate! 
Exterminate! 
Exterminate! 


ROSE: 
Don't do it! Don't kill him! 
You don't have to do this anymore. 

There must be Something Else, 
not just Killing. 

What else is there? 
What do you want? 


DALEK: 
I want Freedom. 


(The Doctor is running up the stairs with his honking big gun.)

[Level 1]
(The Dalek blasts a hole in the roof, and a shaft of sunlight streams down straight onto its eyepiece.) 


ROSE: 
You're out. You made it. 

I never thought I'd feel 
the sunlight again. 


DALEK: 
How does it feel? 


(The Dalek opens its middle and dome sections to reveal the one-eyed mutant within. It holds out a tendril.) 


DOCTOR: 
Get out of the way. 
Rose, get out of the way now! 


ROSE: 
No. I won't let you do this. 


DOCTOR: 
That thing killed hundreds of people.
 

ROSE: 
It's not the one pointing the gun at me. 


DOCTOR: 
I've got to do this. 
I've got to end it. 

The Daleks destroyed My Home, 
My People. 

I've got nothing left. 


ROSE: 
Look at it. 


DOCTOR: 
What's it doing? 


ROSE: 
It's the sunlight, that's all it wants. 


DOCTOR: 
But it can't 


ROSE: 
It couldn't kill Van Statten, 
it couldn't kill me. 

It's changing. 

What about you, Doctor? 
What the hell are you changing into? 


The Designated Survivor : 
I couldn't… I wasn't…
Oh, Rose. They're all dead. 


DALEK: 
Why Do We Survive? 


The Designated Survivor :
I Don't Know. 


DALEK: 
I am The Last of The Daleks. 


The Designated Survivor : 
You're not even that. 
Rose did more than regenerate you.

You've absorbed her DNA. 
You're mutating. 

DALEK: 
Into what? 


The Designated Survivor : 
Something New. 
I'm sorry. 


ROSE: 
Isn't that better? 


The Designated Survivor : 
Not for a Dalek. 


DALEK: 
I can feel so many ideas. 
So much Darkness. 

Rose, give me orders. 
Order me to die. 


ROSE: 
I can't do that. 


DALEK: 
This is not Life. This is Sickness. 
I shall not be like you. 

Order my destruction! 
Obey! Obey! Obey! 


ROSE: 
Do it. 


DALEK: 
Are you frightened, Rose Tyler? 


ROSE: 
Yeah. 


DALEK: 
So am I. 
Exterminate. 



The Dalek shuts its eye. 

Rose retreats as it closes up its armour again then rises into the air. 

The balls on its lower body spread out around it creating a forcefield, then it implodes safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment