Thursday 12 August 2021

Kor





Who gets The Credit is of 
no importance —

What matters is this :

In the end the mountainside was covered with dead so that not a square metre of ground could be seen. 

We found T'nag's body by the river, its waters red with blood. 

Which of us had slain him, 
no one could say for certain. 

So we cut out his heart 
and all three of us feasted on it together. 


DAX
Big heart. 


KOR: 
You need more bloodwine. 


DAX: 
Thanks but I've had enough for a year. 
What I need is tea. 


(Dax goes over to Worf at the bar.) 

DAX: 
Mister Worf. 
I didn't see you come in. 


WORF: 
I was just about to leave. 


DAX: 
Join us. 
I'll introduce you to Kor. 


WORF: 
No. It might make the Dahar Master uncomfortable
I am considered an outcast by most Klingons. 


DAX: 
Kor isn't like most Klingons. 
Kor! I have someone I'd like you to meet. 


KOR: 
Oh? 


DAX
I'd like you to meet our strategic operations officer, 
Commander Worf. 


KOR
Ah — Worf The Traitor, 
The Pariah, 
The Lowest of The Low. 
(big pause then a grin

It's a pleasure to meet you. 

Any enemy of Gowron 
and the High Council 
is a friend of mine. 


WORF: 
This is a great honour. 


KOR: 
No doubt. 


DAX: 
Worf is a great admirer of yours. 


WORF: 
Yes. Please. 
(they sit) 
I have heard stories about you since I was a child. 
Your confrontation with Kirk on Organia, 
your attack on Romulus, 
your defence of the Korama Pass 
—

KOR: 
Everything I have done pales in comparison to 
what I am about to achieve. 
I am on A Quest. 
A Quest for the most revered icon 
in Klingon history. 


DAX: 
Kor. 


KOR: 
An icon that predates the Klingon Empire, an icon more sacred than The Torch of G'boj 


DAX: 
Kor. 


KOR: 
More revered than Sabak's armour, and more coveted than 
The Emperor's crown! 


WORF: 
The Sword of Kahless. 


DAX: 
You told me not to tell anybody. 


KOR: 
He guessed. 
I know where the Sword rests. Think of the glory, the honour of finding the bat'leth of the first Warrior King 


WORF: 
Lost for a millennium. 
It's return would change Klingon history. 
If you know where it is, we must bring it back to The Emperor. 


KOR: 
We? 


WORF: 
It would be an honour to accompany you, if you will have me. 
DAX: We could use another strong arm. 
KOR: And a stout heart. Besides, it will annoy Gowron. 
WORF: To return the Sword to our people. I would give my life for that chance. 
KOR: Children will sing our names for a thousand years. They'll erect statues of us in the Hall of Heroes. 
DAX: Before you decide on a pose for that statue, we need to find the Sword. What makes you so sure you know where it is? 
KOR: This. 
(He pulls out an old cloth) 
KOR: You see? 
DAX: See what? 
KOR: The imprint on the cloth. 


WORF: 
Yes! Yes! This held 
The Sword of Kahless. 


DAX: 
Don't be so sure. 
You could carpet this station with all the authentic Shrouds of the Sword that people have tried to peddle. 


KOR: No one tried to peddle this. It was given to me. 


DAX: By whom? 


KOR: I'll tell you everything later. Now I need you to confirm its authenticity. 


DAX: 
I'll look this over in the lab first thing in the morning. 


WORF: 
Why not right now? 


DAX: 
Right now my head is swimming in bloodwine and I'm going to bed. 
And so should you. 


KOR: 
Absolutely. 
As soon as I finish what's left in my cup. 
Maj ram, blood brother.

 
DAX: 
Maj ram. 


(Dax leaves, Kor refills his cup from another glass.) 


KOR: 
Imagine the look on Gowron's face when we present the sword to The Emperor.

No comments:

Post a Comment