Tuesday 3 August 2021

Freeman




Rosa :
Freddy. This is Billy Batson. 
Make sure you make him feel at home, okay? 
Maybe don't say anything too weird…? 

Freeman :
Oh, one weird thing is you know the Romans used to brush their teeth with their urine? 
Apparently, it-it works. 

Yup, um... 


Oh, it's, uh... it's a long way down. 
Trust me, I speak from experience. 
Victor pushed me. 
They seem nice, but don't buy it. 
It gets real Game of Thrones around here. 

What? 

Dude, I'm... just messin' around. 
It's um, it's terminal cancer, I... I have three months. 
Kidding, again! 

You look at me and you're, like, "Why so dark?" 
"You're a disabled foster kid, you've got it all, right?”

Oh, yeah, that's the, uh, the old batarang. 
I mean, it's a replica, but... 
Feel how sharp. Could kill you in your sleep with that thing. 

You ever a Supes guy?
Yeah, me too. 

Behold, the holy grail. 
One nine millimeter round shot at Superman himself. It's legit. 
Probably worth, I dunno, 
$5-600, maybe more. 

What's in the bag? 
Hey. Hey, it's all good. 
It's good to maintain boundaries. 
You don't gotta talk so much, you know. 

I mean, this place is great. 
You're gonna love it. 

Dinner!



Shazam: 
Dude! Dude! 
Dude! Dude, did you see that?

Freeman: 
Yeah — You electrocuted a bus 
and almost killed these people.

Shazam: 
And then I caught it! 
Freddy, I caught a bus 
with my bare hands, man! 

I caught a bus like people catch fly balls. 
Like, who does that? 
I do that!

Freeman: 
Billy, you do nothing

You, you take selfies 
and make people pay you. 

You know, forget it. 
I can't really talk to you 
when you look like this.

Shazam: 
You just wish it was you!

Freeman: 
(waving his crutches at him)
No shit! 

You think I wouldn't 
kill to have what you have? 

Because everything I do is, like, 
some desperate attempt 
to get people to notice me, 
to not feel sorry for me. 

I mean, look at me! 
Look at me! 
Do you even see me? 

Cause most people don't! 
Cause they don't want to. 

And now you don't, either. 
I mean, you think this is who you are? 
I mean, Billy, you're 14. 

And now you're no better 
than the Breyers. 

All this power, 
and all you did was turn into 
a show-off and a bully.

[Freddy walks away] 

Shazam
Whatever, kid! I do what I want! 
And I'm like, mid-20s probably! 
Maybe even, like, 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment