Sunday 26 December 2021

Bruce and Selina





Bruce :

Thanks, Alfred. 


Selina :

I'm sure he's wonderful company 

but doesn't the "gold-plated-bachelor" bit get a little stale? 


Bruce :

A lot like the "lonely-secretary" syndrome, I guess. 


Selina :

Executive Assistant. 


Bruce :

Sorry. 


Selina :

....Secretary

Any girlfriend? 


Bruce :

Sure. Oh. You mean, as in serious? 

No. Had one, didn't work


Selina :

What went wrong? Hang on! 

I think I know! You kept things from her. 


Bruce :

I told her everything


Selina :

The Truth frightened her? 


Bruce :

....There are Two Truths... 

...you know? 

She had trouble.... reconciling them 

because I had trouble... 

...reconciling them. 

Vicki thought... 


Selina :

Vicki? Ice skater or stewardess? 


Bruce :

No, she was a photojournalist.


Selina : 

Was Vicki right about your... 

Difficulty with Duality? 


Bruce :

You see... if I say "Yes", then... 

You'll think of me as a... 

Norman Bates, a Ted Bundy type and... 

You might not let me kiss you. 


Selina :

It's the so-called normal guys 

who always let you down. 

Sickos never scare me. 

At least they're committed. 


She LUNGES at him --

They start kissing and in the process,

very nearly discover the other's scars --


Selina :

I can't do that. 


Bruce :

Neither can I. 


TV-NEWS :

This is a special bulletin. 

The Ice Princess has been kidnapped. 


Can you confirm reports of Batman's 

suspected involvement in the abduction? 


Gordon :

The evidence is purely circumstantial. 

This was found, stained with blood, 

in the missing girl's dressing room. 


Bruce :

I must go. 


Selina :

No, it's your house. 


Bruce :

Hold on. Just sit for a second and relax. 

I'll be right back. 



*****


Bruce :

I've got to go to the plaza. 

He is begging me to show. 


Alfred :

I hoped you'd snub him. 


Bruce :

I can't. There's been a kidnapping. 

Here's what I want you to do :


Selina :

Shit! 


Bruce :

Tell Selina, Ms. Kyle, I had to go out of town. 

Tell her that a big business deal came up... 

You know what? 


Let her know, not in some kind of dumb, 

"be-my-girlfriend" way... 


Alfred :

....I'll relay The Message. 


*****

Alfred :

Mr. Wayne told me to tell you that...

 

 


Selina :

Bruce, yes...

Would you tell him... 

...I've been going through... 

a lot of changes and... 

Just that... This is not a rejection... 

...my abruptly leaving. 


In fact, he makes me feel 

The Way I hope I really am. 


Could you just make up a sonnet or... 

a dirty limerick? 


Alfred :

One has just sprung to mind. 

This way, ma'am. 






No comments:

Post a Comment