Saturday 12 December 2020

Perfect-10 (The Life so Nice, I Lived it Twice)




DOCTOR: 
Ha! Everyone gets stuck somewhere eventually, Clara. 
Everything ends.

CLARA: 
Except you.

DOCTOR: 
Have you been paying attention? 
I'm an old man now.

CLARA: 
But you don't die. You change. 
You pop right back up with a new face.

DOCTOR: 
No, not for ever. 
I can change twelve times. Thirteen versions of me. 
Thirteen silly Doctors.

CLARA: 
Okay, so you're number eleven, so

DOCTOR: 
Ha. Are we forgetting Captain Grumpy, eh? 
I didn't call myself the Doctor during the Time War, but it was still a regeneration.

CLARA: 
Okay, so you're number twelve.

DOCTOR: 
Well, Number Ten once regenerated and kept the same face. 
I had vanity issues at the time. 

Twelve regenerations, Clara. 

I can't ever do it again. 
This is where I end up. 

This face, this version of me. 
We saw this planet in the future, remember? 

All those graves, one of them mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment