Tuesday 29 December 2020

GRAHAM




“Lots of you knew Grace longer than me, so I can't stand here and pretend to know everything about her. 

I wasn't her first husband, but she said I would do for a second attempt. 

I can only tell you about the Grace I met, when I thought I didn't have much time left. 

The... the Grace that showed me life had more to offer, and... 

And I know if she was here now, she'd tell us not to be so sad. 

You see, I can hear her saying to me, 
“Graham, we had three glorious years, what're you complaining about?”

I'm complaining because I wanted more. 

You see, Grace was a better person than I could ever be.

And I should have gone and... 
Grace should still be here.

[Outside Ryan's home]

ALWAYS ASK A BUS DRIVER —

Our Lady : 
What did you mean in your speech, you thought you'd run out of time? 

GRAHAM: 
Oh, well, er, I had cancer and er... 

Well, strictly speaking, I'm still in remission, three years gone. 

And Grace was my chemo nurse. 
That's where we met and fell in love. 

So By Rights, 
I shouldn't even be here. 

YAZ : 
Have you got Family? 

Our Lady : 
No. Lost them a long time ago. 

RYAN: 
How do you cope with that? 

Our Lady : 
I carry them with me. 

What they would've thought and said and done. 

I make them a part of 
Who I Am. 

So even though they're gone from The World, 
they're never gone from Me

GRAHAM
That's the sort of thing Grace would have said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment