Saturday 20 February 2021

Who Came Up with THAT One?!?









[The Battle of Zaruthstra, 4037 A.D.]


HARCOURT

Nurse! Nurse! 

Damn it, where's The Nurse! 


ELEANOR
He needs help. 


HARCOURT
Madame President, I'm sorry, but we have to go now! 
Those things could be here any second. 


(A little boy is lying on a bed in the tent. He is very still. A Sontaran warrior enters.)

STRAX
Did somebody call for a nurse

(Strax tends to the boy.)


ARTHUR

Will I be okay? 


STRAX

Of course you will, my boy!


You'll be up and around in no time. 


And perhaps one day, you and I shall meet on the field of battle, and I will destroy you for the glory of the Sontaran Empire!


ARTHUR
Thanks, Nurse.


(Strax leaves, and Harcourt follows him.) 


HARCOURT
Commander Strax. 
I just have to ask. 
A Sontaran nurse? 


STRAX
I serve a penance to restore the honour of my clone batch. 

It is the greatest punishment a Sontaran can endure, 
to Help The Weak and Sick. 

HARCOURT
Who came up with that one? 

(The sound of The TARDIS materialising.

STRAX
Tonight, though, perhaps my penance is over. 


Captain Harcourt, I hope some day to meet you in the glory of battle, when I shall crush the life from your worthless human form. 

Try and get some rest.









No comments:

Post a Comment