Thursday 18 February 2021

Joss in Recovery












Cordelia is in the office looking through some files when Wesley walks in. Wesley inspects Cordy's a huge black eye. 


Wesley: 

Bitch. 

(Cordy gives him a look.) 

Not you - obviously. (sighs) 

I can't tell you how sorry I am that I allowed this to happen.


Cordy sighs: 

I believe it was Faith who allowed her elbow to collide with my face. - Not your fault.


Wesley: 

At least you only got the elbow.


Cordy: 

Well, if it's any consolation it really does look like you were - tortured by a much larger woman.


Wesley smiles a little. Wesley: She's still here, I assume. 


Cordy: 

He gave her his bed!


Angel walks in: 

Wesley.


Wesley: 

Angel.


Angel: 

I didn't expect to see you in today.

How are you feeling? 


Wesley: 

As well as can be expected.


Angel: 

Good.

Good. 

(To Cordy) 

Doughnuts?


Cordy points and Angel opens the box. 


Wesley: 

Developed a sweet fang, have you?


Angel to Cordy: 

You got jelly? 


Cordy: 

Whole selection.


Wesley: 

Won't she find it difficult - enjoying delicious, jelly-filled doughnuts, if she is - one assumes - bound and gagged?



Angel: 

Wesley, we went through all this last night.


Wesley: 

Yes, you were right. 

The Police would be ill equipped to hold a Slayer against her will. 

I understand why you chose not to turn her over to them. 

I do not, however, understand why the woman who brutally tortured me last night - this morning - gets pastries!


Angel: 

I don't really have anything else downstairs. 

What do you want to do, Wesley? 

Let her starve?


Wesley: 

Certainly not. 

There are far more humane ways to deal with a rabid animal.


Angel: 

She is not an animal.


Wesley: 

No?


Angel: 

She's a person. 

In case you've forgotten - we're not in the business of giving up on people. 


Wesley: 

Don't you dare take the moral high ground with me after what she did. I believe in helping people. 

I do *not* believe in coddling murderers!


Angel: 

It wasn't too long ago that you were the one making the case for her rehabilitation.


Wesley: 

It wasn't too long ago I had full feeling in my right arm!


Angel: 

She wants to change."

 

Wesley: 

There is evil in that girl, Angel. It doesn't matter what she wants, or says she wants - you set her free - she'll kill again.


When Angel doesn't answer, Wesley picks up his jacket and leaves. 


Angel: 

He'll come around. 


Cordy: 

Wesley? 

Sure! 

People always get a little funny right after they've been sadistically tortured. 

Well, you'd know. 

(Puts a book of business checks on top of the box of doughnuts Angel is holding) 

I need you to sign these.


Angel with a sigh: 

You understand why we have to help Faith, don't you?


Cordy: 

Totally. 

(Points at the book) 

And here.


Angel: 

We can't just arbitrarily decide whose soul is worth saving and whose isn't.


Cordy: 

Oh, I know! And this one? 

(Rips out the page of checks) 

Thanks.


Angel looks at the copies of the checks. 


Angel: 

Wait. Those were all made out to you.


Cordy: 

Yeah.


Angel checks the book: 

Paid vacation.


Cordy, putting on her jacket: 

Like I'm gonna stick around while psycho case is roaming lose downstairs with three tons of medieval weaponry?

Not!


Oh - and I'm thinking - sugar high? Maybe not a great idea.



Leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment