Thursday 25 February 2021

Frankly — I’m Not At All Certain You’re Up to It.




 My most vivid memories are of the days when my life changed. 
I remember coming to this Earth, feeling The Sun on my face for the first time. 

Oh, my God, Jonathan. 
It's a baby boy. 

Hold on, Martha. 

Hearing The Voices of My Parents.

 My Mother called me their greatest surprise.

And boy, there sure were lots of them. 

SMALLVILLE HARVEST FESTIVAL 

I remember loving Smallville... 
The People, The Community, how the small things were the big things. 

And I thought I'd live there forever. 

Dad? 
Jonathan?

Dad! Dad!

Jonathan! Dad, wake up! Somebody call 911! 

But My Father's Death set me on 
A Different Path.

Eventually, 
I moved to Metropolis.

To Become 
Who I Was Meant to Be

There you go, friend. 

Thanks. 
Cool costume. 

Thanks. 
My Mom made it for me. 

But my most vivid memory of all was 
The Day I Met Her. 

Everyone in here, we're the most dependable friends the people of Metropolis have.
You remember that.

Uh, yes, sir. 

Stick with Lane. 
She'll show you the ropes. 

Uh, Lane, sir?

Who told you to wear a tie?
 Let me guess. Lombard? 
Ignore him. 
Though he can get box seats to the Meteors.
You like baseball?

Uh, uh, of course. 
I mean, who doesn't like America's pastime,  Miss Lane? 

It's Lois. 
What'd you say your name was again? 

Uh, Kent. Clark. 
Clark Kent. Sorry. 

Hmm. Never met a Clark before. 

Oh, uh, I've never met a Lois before. Thanks. 
Actually, there was my first-grade teacher, Lois Hannigan, so I guess technically... oh, tech... technically, you'd be the second. 

We Fell in Love. 

I told Lois 
Who I Really Was, 
Where I Came From. 

We married, 
got our first place together... 

The Twins came. 

They were as different as brothers get. 

Look out! 

Jonathan was easy.
 Always happy, always smiling. 

Yeah! 
Good job, babe! 

And things with Jordan were more... challenging

Jordan? 
Stop it. 

Tantrums, night terrors. 
A year ago, he was diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder.

EXPLOSION AT ACE CHEMICAL RAGES ON

SUPERMAN ASSISTS IN SHUTTLE LAUNCH 

SUPERMAN SAVES THE STACK 

And suddenly, here I am, 
Living in Metropolis, 
raising two teenage boys, 
married to The Most Famous Journalist in The World... 

Trying to make The World safer 
for The People I Love.

WHY?

No comments:

Post a Comment