Monday 4 March 2024

Darkest Peru



Seeing into The Future 
is only The Start. 
Your Mind has 
infinite potential

If you master Your Power,
 you can use The Web to be 
in more than one place 
at the same time. 

You are the only one who
 can change The Future. 
And when you take on 
The Responsibility
Great Power will come.



Paddington | Paddington dreams of Peru | Paddington Movie

Guys. Guys. Guys, we have to go.

Girls, get in! Get in, get in, 
get in! Leave everything! 
Run! Come on, let’s go!

Mattie, let’s go! 
I’m so sorry, Cassie!

God! So much for not needing a babysitter. 
Do you guys think of anybody but yourselves
You’re so impulsive and entitled
And you don’t listen.

We didn’t mean to…

Whatever, don’t even say anything.

God, your futures were almost… 
so different. You’re lucky I saw them.

I’m so sorry.

Yes! You should be so sorry. 
All of you should be sorry.



Maria. Where did they go?

I’m running checks now.

Ezekiel :
I don’t understand how they’re doing this.

I’ve got a match on the woman that’s with them.

Ezekiel :
I’m not interested in her
Focus on finding those girls.

Cassandra WebbDaughter of 
Constance Webb, deceased.

Ezekiel :
Did you say Webb?

Uh, yeah. Do you know her?

Ezekiel :
It’s not possible.



C’mon!

He’s not gonna stop until 
he kills us… is he?

I don’t know what he wants.
I don’t know anything.

But… you can see the future. Can’t you 
stop him with your visions?

I don’t know how to control them.
It’s useless.

I don’t know why
maybe that’s a plus.

Is your hand okay?

It’s fine. First thing in the morning 
I’m taking you all home. 
Your parents can deal with this.

No, they can’t. My mom’s 
in a psych ward.

She didn’t really cope well after my dad left, and so I got sent to live with him and his new family, and I don’t think that they want me there. I wondered if they missed me if… if I ran away.

Hmm. So you did.

My parents aren’t around either. I think they resent how having a kid messed up their lives. I don’t think they’re gonna fly back from China to deal with this, and I really don’t want to find out, so… I’m on my own.

Well, fine then. You guys can just… Go to the police.

No. My dad got deported six months ago. I came home from school when he was gone.

What about your mom?

My mom died when I was five. It’s just me and my dad. Except he never told me he didn’t have his papers, so I’ve just been living by myself in our apartment since then.

You’re on your own?

I don’t need anyone else to look out for me. And I don’t have a curfew either. So I can’t go to the police. Okay? Until I’m 18. I can’t exist. And there’s no way I’m getting deported, too. Or going into the foster system.

Well… The foster system isn’t always that terrible. 
Things didn’t turn out so bad for me.

Right.

Cassie, please help us.

No one survives once enough poison enters their system. You won’t be so lucky next time.



Why are you doing this?

I need to stop them from killing me.

They’re not killers. They’re just teenagers.

In the future, I have done much more. In the future, 
they will destroy me. And everything I’ve built. 
Those girls cannot exist.

How come you get to decide?

Because I’m the one with the powers. If you knew what I know, you’d do the same thing.

Would I? If I knew the price to pay was the lives of three girls.

The only thing I know is that, in the future, they also have powers.

The girls? The girls have the powers in the future?

Did you think you can beat me with your mind? Your mother underestimated me. Mother underestimated me. The power of the spider. Don’t make the same mistake. Tell me where they are. They don’t mean anything to you. You can just walk away.



Rise and shine!

Okay, so this guy’s hands somehow release an acute neurotoxin. 
And it is painful. I was lucky. The longer he holds onto you, 
the more poison gets into your system.

Then what happens?

Then your heart stops. But you can offset cardiac arrest with CPR. So, you interlock your hands like this. You lock your elbows. And then you place the heel of your hand right on the sternum. And then you pump. And you want to go like two inches down. And you want to keep a rhythm like a heartbeat. OK. You ready? Okay, begin compressions. Go. Good.

OK. And when do I stop?

You don’t stop.

If you stop, they die.

If you get tired, then you need somebody to take over.

I’m getting kind of tired.

Okay, Anya, get ready to take over. 
But you have to pick up the 
exact same rhythm. OK? Ready?

Yeah.

And go. Great. Nice, Matty.

Cool.

Julie, you want to take over? Okay. Get ready. 
Okay. One, two, three. Perfect. Nice job, Anya.

I’ve never said this before 
in my entire life, but 
you’re a good teacher.

Well, I’ve been learning some things, too… 
About my mom.

Wait, so you do know this guy?

My mom did, I think. That’s her.

She’s really pretty.

So this is because of you?

All I know is that she was researching spiders. 
In her notebook, there’s some stuff about a local tribe 
in Peru that can do, like, crazy stuff.

What kind of crazy stuff?

Climb like spiders.

So is he one of them?

I need more information.

You’re leaving.

I have to go and figure out what is going on.

How?

You have to go to Peru.

I’ll be gone a week. I don’t want to leave them. 
But he’s out there looking for them, and 
they’re relying on me, and I don’t know 
how else to protect them.

Okay. Look, I’m staying down there for a few weeks over. It’s out of town. He won’t find them there. But Cassie, I can’t pretend to understand what’s going on here. Just be careful, okay?

I’ll be back as soon as I can. Thank you, Ben. You didn’t ask for any of this.

Okay, well neither did you.

You have come back. Looking for answers.

Back?

I promised your mother I would be here.

My mom thought Las Aranyas were a myth.

What do you think?

I think she’s crazy for coming here alone.

She came here hoping to extract healing properties from the spiders. She thought she was being protected.

By Ezekiel Sims?

His motives were selfish. He used your mom to find us. But because he stole the spider, he was cursed. He’s been trying to outrun his destiny ever since.

This is where my mom died?

And where you were born.

I don’t understand why she risked my life to come here.

To see your future clearly, you have to heal the wounds of your past.

That sounds like literally every therapy session I’ve ever avoided.

You have to go back to your beginning and keep going past that. There are powers… You don’t even know you’re capable of. Your thread did not start when you were born. Do you trust me?

I’m not really sure at this point if I have a choice…

You need to just walk away.

Your threat did not start when you were born.

She really is trying her best to keep me from working. Not when I was close, but when I’m not going to let her do that.

Why did you hate me so much?

Thank you.

For the umbrella.

Give it to me.

I found it! I found the spider! Incredible, isn’t it?

Give it to me.

No, please…

Give it to me.

You’re making the wrong decision…

Give it to me!

You could just walk away!

Ah!

I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry.

Las Aranyas could not stand by. We tried to save you both. … Her journey will not be easy, but she is strong.

Your test results came back. I’m sorry to tell you that your baby has Myestenia gravis. It’s a genetic neuro-muscular disorder.

But I don’t have a neuro-muscular disorder.

Life expectancy? It varies. Do you need a tissue?

No. No, I need a cure.

I’m afraid there is no cure.

A single target nucleotide intervention. It’s experimental, but there are some promising leads in the Amazon.

That’s why you want that? For me?

I have to advise you against 
traveling in your condition.

I’m sorry. What are you offering besides tissues?

I know this is hard to accept.

No, no. I’m unwilling to accept 
a diagnosis of helplessness. And I’m not 
going to teach my daughter to, either.

You did it. You did it. I never knew I was sick
The spider venom did have healing properties. 
I’m so sorry I spent so long being mad at you.

I always thought my mom 
didn’t care about me.

Sometimes you must sacrifice 
yourself for those you love.

I was there. I was in the room. I was in the room with her. How did you do that?

You did that. Now you’re starting to see what you’re capable of. You came here to learn the truth about your past. You will leave ready to embrace your future.

Seeing into the future is no match for Ezekiel. I need to stop him before he kills those girls. But I can’t do what he can do. I can’t do the leapy, crawly, like… death poison.

You didn’t get the gift of the greater physical strength or the ability to release poison. But seeing into the future is only the start. Your mind has infinite potential. If you master your power, you can use the web to be in more than one place at the same time. You are the only one who can change the future. And when you take on the responsibility, great power will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment