Monday 20 September 2021

KNIVES


Yeah. Little bit of pain never hurt anybody. If you know what I mean. 

Also, I think knives are a good idea. 
Big, fuck-off shiny ones. 
Ones that look like they could skin a crocodile. 


Knives are good, because they don't make any noise, and the less noise they make, the more likely we are to use them. 

Shit 'em right up
Makes it look like we're serious

Guns for show, Knives for A Pro.








[being taken away by the TVA to be forcibly "reset"] 

Loki : 
You ridiculous bureaucrats
 will not dictate how My Story ends!

Ravonna Renslayer
It's not Your Story, Mr. Laufeyson. 
It never was.

Loki : 
You have no idea what I'm capable of!

Mobius M. Mobius : 
[stands up in the back] 
I... think I might. 
Have an idea of what he's capable of.

Ravonna Renslayer
Approach the bench.

Mobius M. Mobius : 
[does so; whispers
Hi.

Ravonna Renslayer
[whispering
If you're thinking what I think you are, 
it's a bad idea.

Mobius M. Mobius : 
Okay, I'm just chasing a hunch.

Ravonna Renslayer: 
Anything goes sideways, and it's on you.

Mobius M. Mobius: 
Okay.
[amiable]  
I feel like I'm always looking up to you. 
I like it. It's appropriate.




[speaking in Mobius' office] 

Loki : 
You don't know anything about me.

Mobius
Maybe I'd like to learn. 
I specialize in the pursuit of dangerous Variants.

Loki
Like myself?

Mobius: 
Mmm. No
Particularly dangerous Variants. 
You're just a little pussycat. 

I got a series of questions for you. 

You answer them honestly
and then maybe I can give you 
Something You Want. 

You wanna get out of here, right? 
Yeah, so we'll start there.

Should you return, what are you gonna do?

Loki 
[firmly
Finish what I started.

Mobius
Which is?

Loki
Claim My Throne.

Mobius: 
You wanna be King?

Loki
I don't want to be, 
I was born to be.

Mobius: 
I know, but King of what exactly?

Loki
[scoffs] 
You wouldn't understand.

Mobius
Try me.

Loki
Midgard.

Mobius
AKA Earth. 
Alright, now you're 
The King of Midgard

Now What
Happily ever after?

Loki : 
Asgard, 
The Nine Realms.... 
Space?

Mobius
Space? Space is big
That'd be a nice little 
feather in your cap :
"Loki, The King of Space".

Loki
Mock me if you dare.

Mobius
No, I'm not.
[chuckles] 
 Honestly, I'm actually a fan. Yeah. 
And I guess I'm wondering 
Why does someone with so much range 
just wanna rule…?

Loki
…..I would've made it 
Easy for Them.


Mobius
People like Easy.

Mobius
You weren't Born to Be King, Loki. 

You were born to cause 
Pain and Suffering and Death

That's how it is, that's how it was, that's how it will be.

[shows the Avengers one final time] 


All so that others can achieve 
The Best Versions of Themselves.


[Mobius begins showing Loki the aftermath of the Battle of New York; Loki turns away in embarassment] 

Loki: 
[on recording] 
If it's all the same to you -- 
I'll have that drink now.

[Mobius offers Loki a soda] 

Loki: 
No. And I remember. I was there
Anything else?

Mobius: 
It's funny, for someone born to rule
you sure do lose a lot. 

You might even say it's in Your Nature.

Loki
You know, things didn't turn out so well 
for the last person who said that to me.

Mobius
Oh, yeah. Phil Coulson.

[the events of Loki stabbing Coulson in the back with Thor watching in despair are shown, followed by the Avengers coming together as a team

Mobius: 
Didn't the Avengers come together 
to literally avenge him by defeating you?

Loki: 
Little solace to A Dead Man.

[ He got better -- Couple of times, actually.... ]

Mobius
Do you enjoy hurting people? 
Making them feel small? 
Making them feel afraid?

Loki: 
Your Games don't frighten me.

Mobius
Making them feel little?

Loki
I know what I am.

Mobius
A Murderer?

Loki
A Liberator.

Mobius
Of eyeballs, maybe.

[sees the sequence where a smiling Loki carves out a man's eyeball

Mobius
Look at that smile. You are enjoying that. 
Did you enjoy hurting them?

Loki
I don't have to play This Game. 
I'm A God.

Mobius: 
Of what, again? 
Mischief, right?

Mobius: 
You're gonna start taking things more seriously.

[Mobius begins showing Loki footage of the future he hasn't experienced yet, beginning from "Thor: The Dark World"

Mobius: 
If you hadn't picked up the Tesseract, 
you would've been taken to a cell on Asgard.

[shows Loki meets with his adopted mother, Frigga

Frigga
Loki.

Loki: 
Hello, Mother. 
Have I made you proud?

Frigga: 
Please, don't make this worse.

Loki
What is this? 
This is nonsense, more tricks. 
This never even happened.

Mobius: 
Not to you, not yet.
 
Look, the TVA doesn't just know your whole past, 
we know your whole life, how it's all meant to be. 
Think of it as comforting.

Loki
This is absurd.

[Loki sees his final meeting with Frigga] 

Frigga: 
And am I not Your Mother?


Loki
You're not.

Frigga: 
Hmmm. Always so perceptive about everyone 
but yourself.

Mobius: 
And then the Dark Elves attack the palace, 
and you think you send them to Thor...

[sees Loki talking to Kurse] 

Loki
You might wanna take the stairs to the left.

Mobius: 
But instead, you send them...

[shows Frigga's death]

Frigga: 
I'll never tell!

[Frigga is killed] 

Loki
[outraged
Where do you have her? 
Where is she?

Mobius: 
You lead them right to her.

Loki: 
I don't believe you. 
You're lying. 
It's not True.

Mobius
It is True. 

That's the proper flow of time
 and it happens again 
and again and again 
because it's supposed to, 
because it has to. 
The TVA makes sure of it.

Loki
Where is she?

Mobius
Now why don't you tell me, 
Do You Enjoy Hurting People?

Loki
I don't believe you.

Mobius
Do you enjoy killing?

Loki
I'll kill you.

Mobius
Like you did your mother?


[Having seen where his future will lead to, Loki has given up escaping and returned to Mobius' office


Loki
I don't enjoy hurting people. 
I... [sighs
I don't enjoy it
I do it because I've had to.

Mobius
Okay, explain that to me.

Loki
Because it's part of The Illusion:
It's the cruel, elaborate trick 
conjured by The Weak 
to inspire Fear.

Mobius
A desperate play for Control :
You do know yourself.

Loki
A Villain.

[sighs

Mobius
That's not How I See It.

No comments:

Post a Comment