Monday 20 September 2021

He’s Upstairs.



We just got a fax. 
An incident at the Brooklyn Museum. 
A guy attacked two employees, 
and get this, ate the Blake painting. 

What? That's him
It's got to be. 


If that painting meant so much to him, why destroy it? 
And why didn't he kill those two women at the museum? 
They both got a good look at him. 

Maybe he's trying to stop



Mr. Crawford, all you've got is a hunch. I've got 382 employees, and they've got a union. I can't just turn you guys loose on their files. Not without a court order. There are privacy issues. The company's exposure. One of those employees has already killed 11 people that we know of. If he gets away tonight, what's the company's exposure on that? - Let me get our lawyers down here... - We don't have time for that. Listen to me! We're looking for a white male, 25 to 35, - he is right-handed with brown hair. - No... Listen! Please. This guy is very strong. He's possibly a bodybuilder. He might have some kind of facial disfigurement. He drives a van or a panel truck. That sounds like Mr. D. Oh, my God. Who's Mr. D? Francis Dolarhyde, He is a Manager of Technical Services. What does that mean? What does he do exactly? He maintains the equipment for tape transfers. Would he have access to people's home videotapes? He has access to every tape that comes through here. 

Thanks for dinner, Ralph. 
And thanks for letting me vent. 


Look, no problemo. 
Reba, listen, I know it's not my place to say this... 


Go on. 

Well, if Dolarhyde is really as moody as you say he is, maybe you ought to keep a little distance. 
I mean, what do you really know about the guy? 

I appreciate your concern, Ralph. Really. 
And I promise I'll give it some thought.
Hey, have a great vacation. 

Thanks. 

See you in a week. 

Good night. 
I had a great time. 

Good night. 

Good night! 

Ralph, just 'cause I'm feeling vulnerable... 


Reba. Wake up. You wandered around in the house while I was asleep, didn't you? 

What? 

The other night, did you find something odd? 
Did you take it and show it to somebody? 
Did you do that? 

D? What is it? What's happening? 


Sit still or he'll hear us! 

Who will? 

He's upstairs. He wants you, Reba. 
I thought he was gone, but now he's back. 

D, you're scaring me. 

I didn't want to give you to him. 
I did a thing for you today so he couldn't have you. 
I was wrong. 

You made me weak and then you hurt me. 
No. No, you can't have her! 


D. Please don't let him have me. 
You won't. I'm for you. 
You like me. I know you like me. 
Take me with you. 

Take you with me? 

Yes. 

Put out your hand. Feel this. 
That's a shotgun, Reba. 
A 12-gauge magnum. 
Do you know what it'll do? 

I wish I could have trusted you. 
I wanted to trust you. 
You felt so good! 


So did you, D. 
Please don't hurt me now. 

It's all over for me. 

Where are you D? 

I can't leave you to him. 
Do you know what he'll do? 
He'll bite you to death. 
He'll hurt you so bad! 
I can't let that happen. 
It's better if you go with me. 

Yes, God, get us out of here! 

I'll shoot you and then myself. 

Oh D, no. - I have to shoot you. - No... Oh, Reba. I can't do it. Three steps to the clock. From the clock to the door, nine more. Oh, God. What is that? What the hell is that? That's the place. God damn it! All units, that's his house that's burning. FBI! Francis Dolarhyde! Where is he? He's in there. He is dead. You know that? He shot himself in the face. I put my hand in it. He set fire to the house. He was on the floor, and l...

No comments:

Post a Comment