Thursday 29 April 2021

Mr. Eastwood




“I have engaged a place here for three months: 
forsooth, I am the greatest fool to allow 
my courage to be sapped from me 
by the climate of Italy. 

Now and again 
I am troubled by the thought : 
WHAT NEXT






My ‘future’ is The Darkest Thing in The World to me,
 but as there still remains a great deal for me to do, 
I suppose I ought rather to 
think of doing this than of 
My Future, 
and leave the rest to THEE 
and [to] 
The Gods.”





Seamus :
You had him, Mr. Eastwood! 
You could have just walked away, 
and nobody would o' thought the less o' ya for it. 

All it would have been was words... 
hot air from a buffoon. 

Instead you let him rile ya...
rile ya into playing His Game, 
His Way, playing His Rules.

Marty: 
Seamus, relax, 
I know what I'm doing.

Maggie: 
He reminds me of poor Martin.

Seamus: 
Aye.

Marty: 
Who?

Seamus: 
Me brother.

Marty: 
(surprised
Wait a minute...
You have a brother named 
Martin McFly
(they stop walking)

Seamus: 
Had a brother. 

(Marty gets the "I-don't-need-this" expression on his face.
Martin used to let men provoke him into fighting. 

He was concerned people would think him a coward if he refused. 

That's how he got a bowie knife shoved through his belly in a saloon in Virginia City. 

Never considered the future, poor Martin, 
God rest his soul. 
(walks off)

Maggie: 
Sure'n hope your considerin' the future, Mr. Eastwood. 

(she follows after Seamus with William in her arms.)

Marty: (to himself) 
I think about it all the time.



3.

"Don't. Be. A Turd. 


If you are Strong

Be A Protector


If you are Smart

Be A Humble Influencer




Strength and Intelligence 

can be weapons, 

so do NOT wield them 

against The Weak. 


That makes you A Bully. 


Be BIGGER than that."


No comments:

Post a Comment