Wednesday 28 April 2021

Fighters Fight, right?




“Once upon a time, there was 
A King and A Queen. 
And they lived in A Castle. 

And near the castle there was 
A Forest. 
You know there’s always 
A Forest near The Castle. 

And This Forest was like other forests, with one exception: 
when anyone went into it, 
he didn’t come back. 

Five hunters went out, 
and they didn’t come back. 
Ten hunters were sent after them, and they didn’t come back. 
Then twenty hunters went out, 
they did not come back. 
And then thirty hunters were sent after them, 
and they did not come back.

And pretty soon, 
no one went to that part of the forest anymore. 

Only occasionally 
A Hawk or An Eagle flew over it. 
That identifies this as a male story, 
The Hawk and The Eagle are male birds. 

That was the situation, 
and that’s the way it lasted for many years.

Finally, one day a young man came, and he said, 
“Anything dangerous to do around here?” 

And the king said, 
Yes, there is, but I don’t recommend it, 
because the return rate is not good.” 

And the young man said, 
“That’s the sort of thing I like, 
I think I’ll go.”

So he went, 
taking only his dog with him. 
Maybe the fact that 
he didn’t go in a group 
was a part of it. 


He took only his dog with him, 
and he walked into the forest 
and he walked all the way into the forest 
and all of a sudden, 
a hand came up out of the pond 
and pulled the dog down. 

And he didn’t get hysterical. 

He just said, 
“This must be the place.”









ROCKY :

Man, I'm confused.

I didn't think this was gonna

come along.



Lil’ Marie: 

But this is what you wanted, right?


ROCKY :

I don't know.

You know, I talk and I talk.


Sometimes I think

what I'm saying is True...

and then I look at myself 

and I'm not even sure what is True anymore.


Because it's like, 

I pushed this crazy idea about fighting.


I mean, 

what's it all about?


Do I really care about standing

toe to toe and all that stuff...

or, like my kid says,

is it just, like, ego?


Or am I this old pug 

who's just trying to replace 

old pain with new pain?


I don't know. 

I don't know.


Lil’ Marie: 

Look, I know

I usually don't say a lot.


I'm always 

listening and looking.


But Who You Are, 

the part of you

that's so full of Life...


We all have that feeling, 

that fire...


But usually we never get a chance to use it. 

And then it just goes away.


But you can


You've got this opportunity, 

so do it


Why not?


I mean, 

This is Who You Are.

This is 

Who You'll Always Be.


And you don't move aside for nobody until you're ready to move.


And it doesn't matter

How This Looks to Other People.


All that matters is 

How it Looks to you.


Rocky.

Rocky, look at me.


How it looks to you.


And if this is something

that you wanna do,

and if this is something that

you gotta do, 

then You Do It.


Fighters Fight.


You're not gonna punch me,

are you?


Listen, I gotta go before I wear out my welcome. 

I'll see you tomorrow.


ROCKY :

Thanks.

Fighters fight, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment