Monday 18 January 2021

Time Takes Everybody Out, It's Undefeated.

Creed - Adonis Meets Rocky (1080p)



How you doing?

This was taken from the 10th round of the first fight, right?

Good call.

How'd you know that?

I heard about a third fight
between you and Apollo,
behind closed doors.

That True?

How'd you hear about that?

Who won?

It's kind of a secret.
What'd you say your name was?

Donnie.

The girl said you wanted
to talk about something.

Yeah, I want to talk to
you about training me.

Training you.

I don't do that stuff no
more. Sorry about that.

Listen, it's getting kind of late, kid.

So I'm gonna close up.

How good was he?

Who? Apollo? Yeah, he was great.

He's a perfect fighter.
Ain't nobody ever better.

So how'd you beat him?

Time Beat Him.
Time, you know, takes everybody out, it's undefeated.
Anyway, I gotta lock up.

When Mickey died, he came
and talked to you, right?

Talked you out of quitting?

Took you to L.A., trained you.

Brought you back.

How do you know all this?

How do you think?

What are you, like a cousin?

He's my father.

No, he isn't. 
I don't believe you.

Call Mary Anne.

Mary Anne. 
His wife.

The house number still works.

Oh, that's right.
You haven't talked to her since the funeral.

She said you gave a nice speech, though.

Yeah.
Nice speech.

I want you to train me.
All right? I need somebody solid
and who else better to go to?

You at least owe me that.

I can tell the way you talk, you been to school.
So I figure you got some brains.

Why would you want to pick a fighter's life
when you don't have to?

If Apollo was around, he would tell you that, too.

Well, he ain't around.

I been fighting my whole life. 
I ain't got a choice.

It's always about a choice.
I was in the ring.
I saw how it went down.
That fight should've been stopped.

I should have stopped it.

Maybe he wanted to go out like a fighter.
Maybe, you did exactly what he wanted.

I think he'd rather be here, talking with you.

There is a resemblance.

I'm usually here all the time, so if you're ever in the neighborhood, come by, if you need something.

I'll be at Mickey's Gym tomorrow.

I don't go there. I haven't
been there in a long time.

Since we're pretty much like Family -- who won The Third Fight?

He did.

In boxing, fighters' origins can endure as the most sacred
element of their identity, shaping choices that can
change their lives forever.

"Pretty" Ricky Conlan is a faithful son of Liverpool, England,a place where people find hope in the tales of their heroes.

But for the undefeated best
pound-for-pound boxer in the world, the future is filled
with uncertainty, with a seven-year
prison sentence looming.

I didn't plan on spending me
prime years in a prison cell.

I hate letting me family down.

Now what could be his final bout awaits him at home, in one of his city's most hallowed sporting temples.

Here, he'll welcome an opponent who's also never been beaten and who's boxed his way from California streets to American stardom.

Fighting out of the famed Delphi Boxing Academy, with a trainer whose father guided icons of the past, Danny "Stuntman" Wheeler believes he's the sport's future.

Conlan's going away for a long time.

Now it's my turn.

I've never lost.

I've never even been knocked down, 
and that's not gonna change.

A champion in a dark and extraordinary predicament.

A challenger uninterested in a hero's send-off.

This is 24/7: Conlan/Wheeler.

No comments:

Post a Comment