Thursday 9 May 2024

The Lion


Sherlock Holmes said :
"I have been guilty of several monographs. 
They are all upon technical subjects. Here, for example, is one 
"Upon the Distinction between the Ashes of the Various Tobaccos". 

In it I enumerate a hundred and forty forms of cigar, cigarette, and pipe tobacco, with coloured plates illustrating the difference in the ash. It is a point which is continually turning up in criminal trials, and which is sometimes of supreme importance as a clue. If you can say definitely, for example, that some murder had been done by a man who was smoking an Indian lunkah, it obviously narrows your field of search. 

To the trained eye there is as much difference between the black ash of a Trichinopoly 
and the white fluff of bird's-eye as there is between a cabbage and a potato."


Twin Peaks The Missing Pieces #17 - Sunday at the Johnson's



The Lion :
Someone who knows how to clean 
knows where The Object was before 
she started cleaning, and then that object 
goes back too the same exact spot. 

Shelly, know where everything in this house is
Sometimes, on The Road
I mentally go through this whole house 
and picture where every item is

Shelly Johnson :
Lay off the bennies, Leo. 

The Lion :
Anybody can clean the surface of an object, 
but dirt can find its way anywhere
To really clean, you have 
to scrub below the surface. 
Where the dirt is, Shelly! 

That's one thing you're gonna learn
how to cleanIt takes scrubbing, Shelly. 
There is no easy way —
This is where we live, Shelly! 

Shelly Johnson :
....as if I didn't know


The Lion :
I'm gonna show you how to wash this, 
and then you're gonna do it. 

Shelly Johnson :
Come off it, Leo. I need 
to get ready for work. 


The Lion :
What did you say?!
Shelly, I'm not fooling around anymore! 
First thing you got to learn is a good attitude. 
That's the key. Anybody will tell you that. 

Shelly Johnson :
Ow! 


The Lion :
Don't even think about going anywhere. 
I'm not finished with you.


Howard Hughes   Obsessive Compulsive Disorder



The Lion :
Shelly, sit down here a minute and help me out —
What kind of cigarettes do you smoke?

Shelly Johnson :
Whatever's around.

The Lion :
No, you DON’T. You smoke THESE.
What are THESE doing here?

Shelly Johnson :
Come on, Leo, I pick up different packs
from the diner all the time, Me and Norma.

The Lion :
There's Two Things, Shelly. When I come Home, 
This House should be clean. And I mean CLEAN.

Shelly Johnson :
Okay.

The Lion :
Number Two, you smoke ONE brand of cigarettes 
from now on, because if I ever see two different 
brands of cigarettes in This House again,
I'm gonna snap your neck like a twig.

Shelly Johnson :
Okay, Leo, you have nothing
to worry about with me, darling.

The Lion 
That's RIGHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment