Wednesday, 8 May 2024

It’s Nick’s World….

Loki rides into Battle, 
The Saviour of Asgard, to 
arrive Right in The Nick —

Thor :
You’re Late.

Loki : (wincing)
You’re missing An Eye —

“….The most efficient way for us to do this is for each one of us 
to try and attempt to imagine what it is like 
inside of the possessed mind. 
[holds up a joint] For example — a dope fiend 
refers to the reefer butt 
as a "roach". Because, 
it resembles — a cockroach. 

You will notice that I have distinguished FOUR, 
Four DISTINCT States of Being in the 
cannabis or marijuana society. 
They are : "cool", "groovy", "hip" and "square". 

Seldom, if ever, does one aspire to be "square".

If he figures out What is Happening, then 
he can rise one notch and become "hip";

and then if he can convince himself 
to approve of What is Happening, 
then he becomes "groovy".
[ominously] Groovy! 

And then after that he can actually 
raise himself to the rank of "cool". 
He can become one of 
those... "cool guys".




Cut to the cafeteria. Today it's kraut-dogs or spaghetti. 
The camera pans past the steam table as the kitchen staff doles out the food. 
It pans up to show Xander and Oz sitting at a table finishing their lunch.

Xander: 
But... It's just that it's buggin' me, this 'cool' thing. (cut to them) 
I mean, what is it? How do you get it? Who doesn't have it? 
And who decides who doesn't have it? What is the essence of cool?

Oz: 
Not sure. (reaches for a chip)

Xander: 
I mean, you yourself, Oz, are considered more or less cool. Why is that?

Oz: 
Am I? (eats a chip)

Xander: Is it about the talking? You know, the way 
you tend to express yourself in short, noncommittal phrases?

Oz: (considers) Could be.

Xander: (smiles) I know! You're in a band! That's like a business-class ticket to cool with complementary mojo after takeoff! I gotta learn an instrument. Is it hard to play guitar?

Oz: (shakes his head) Not the way I play it.

Xander: Okay, but on the other hand : eighth grade. 
I'm taking the flügelhorn and gettin' zero trim. 
So the whole instrument thing could be a mislead. (thinks) 
But You need A Thing,
one thing nobody else has. 

What do I have?

Oz: 
An exciting new obsession. Which I feel makes you very special.

Xander: 
Now, with The Mocking…. Which I can handle 
because I know I'm right about this — I'm on the track. 
I just need to find my thing. (gets lost in thought)

Oz: 
It seems like You're over-Thinking it. 
I mean, You got some Identity-issues. 
It's not...

Cut to the library that evening. 
Giles walks out of the cage past Buffy.

Giles: 
The End of The World?

No comments:

Post a Comment