Thursday 10 February 2022

Interstitial Time




People assume that Time is 
a strict progression of Cause to Effect, 
but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, 
it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, 
timey-wimey….. stuff.





Well, gentleman, to begin with, time isn't smooth. It's made up of little bits. 

HYDE: 
A series of minute present moments. 

RUTH: 
That's it. 
Temporal atoms, so to speak. 

So, if one could push something through the interstices between them, it would be outside our space-time continuum altogether. 

BRIGADIER: 
Where would it be then? 

RUTH: 
Well, Nowhere at all in ordinary terms. 

BRIGADIER: 
You've lost me, Doctor Ingram. 

COOK: 
And me. I've never heard such a farrago of unscientific rubbish in all my life. 
It's a impossible situation. 

HYDE: 
But we've done it. 
We shoved that vase through 
and brought it back, in there. 

BRIGADIER: 
But shoved it through where, for goodness sake? 

BENTON: 
Sort of through the crack between Now, and Now, sir. 

HYDE: 
Right, you've got it.


*****


DOCTOR: 
The Crystal of Kronos. 
So I am right. 


RUTH: 
Kronos? Well, that's what Stuart said. 
Look, Doctor, what is all this about? 


DOCTOR: 
Well, it'll be difficult to accept, 
I warn you. 


RUTH: 
Well, try me. 


DOCTOR: 
Well, luckily you are already familiar with the idea of stepping outside of space-time. 

RUTH: 
I've lived with the concept for months. 


DOCTOR: 
And I've lived with it for many long years. I've been there. 


RUTH: 
You have? 


DOCTOR: 
Yes, I have
Strange place it is, too. 
A place that is No Place. 
A dangerous place where creatures live beyond your wildest imagination. 

Kronovores, Time-Eaters. 

They swallow a Life as quickly 
as a boa constrictor can 
swallow a rabbit, fur and all. 


RUTH: 
Are you saying that Kronos is one of these creatures? 


DOCTOR: 
I am. The most fearsome of the lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment