Thursday 18 March 2021

A : His Destiny.



MULDER : 
I understand what you're saying, but I, I, 
I just need to keep looking.

SCULLY: 
Yeah, well —

Don't Look Too Hard. 
You might not like what you find.

MULDER: 
Isn't that what, uh, Doctor Zaius said to Charlton Heston
at the end of "Planet of the Apes?"

SCULLY: 
And look What Happened.


••••••••


(Dr. Ivanov rolls up to them, an umbrella attached to his wheelchair. Bambi, also holding an umbrella, watches him intently.)

Dr. IVANOV: 
Agent Mulder? 
They told me I could locate you here. 

Those, uh, segments you showed me earlier... 
May I examine them again?

(Mulder shrugs and reaches into his pocket.)

MULDER: 
Well, they're completely desiccated... 
just like the molted exoskeleton.

(He hands the bag to Ivanov.)

Dr. BAMBI BERENBAUM: 
You know, many insects don't develop wings until their last molting stage. 

Perhaps whatever these things •were•, 
they had their final molt and have flown off back to wherever they originated.

SCULLY: [sarcastically] 
Yeah, •that• would explain everything.....

(Mulder looks at her and is about to say something when Ivanov cuts him off.)

Dr. IVANOV: 
May I borrow this, Agent Mulder, 
for further study?

MULDER: 
Well, I've already had a similar sample analyzed, 
it's nothing but common metals. 

What do you hope to find from it?

Dr. BAMBI BERENBAUM: 
His Destiny.

Dr. IVANOV:
Isn't that what Doctor Zaius said to Zira 
at the end of "The Planet of the Apes....?"

(She nods, smiling.)

Dr. BAMBI BERENBAUM: 
It's one of my favorite movies.

Dr. IVANOV: 
Mine too. 
I love science fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment