Thursday 18 March 2021

Jurisdiction

The Jail Escape in Rambo: First Blood (1982)

Will!

Looks like
he wants to turn himself in,

There's one man dead!

It's not my fault!
I don't want any more hurt!

Freeze!

Stand right where you are!
Give yourself up!

But I didn't DO anything!


Boy, don't make a move!
I'll blow your head off!

I didn't DO anything!






I could've killed them all.

I could have killed you,

In town, you're The Law,
Out here, it's me.

Don't push it!

Don't push it, or I'll give you
a war you won't believe.

Let it go!

Let it go!

All right, Coming in,

- Come on. Get back,
- Move back, you guys, Move back,

Captain, can we have a comment
on what's happening?

How bad is the situation?
Captain, we need some...

Dnly good thing
to come out of this mess,, .

Is the business
we're doing in town.

Reporters are drinking
the place dry.

You look like you're ready to keel over, Will.

Why don't you go home?
It's my problem now.

Your Problem?
Listen, Dave, don't give me any of your horseshit about jurisdiction on this one, you understand?

Would you like me to step outside?

Just finish up what you're doing,

Somewhere in this rugged mountain countryside, possibly above the snow line, shrouded in mist, the fugitive John Rambo is hiding.

Units of the State Police, along with local members of the National Guard are now being mobilized,

What still remains unexplained by local authorities is just how and where the former Green Beret came into possession of the weapons with which he allegedly killed one deputy sheriff and tried to kill six others.

Only their skilled training in Police Enforcement Techniques saved their lives.

Word is that the fugitive will be in custody in a matter of hours.

Here's the maps, Will,
Will, there's something I think you ought to know.

Talk to you later. Dkay?
What is it, Lester?
What is it? Spit it out!

Well, I was, I was just talking to Mitch, and he was saying that
Galt and a couple deputies were, uh, 
a little hard on the guy,

Assholes!
Doesn't make one goddamn bit of difference, Dave,
and you know it!

Look, if one of My Deputies....
Gets out of line with A Prisoner, 
then The Prisoner comes to me with it!

If I find out it's like he says,
I kick the deputy's ass!

Me! The Law!
That's The Way it's got to be!
People start fuckin' around with The Law, 
and all HELL breaks loose!

Whatever possessed God in Heaven to make 
A Man Like Rambo?

God didn't make Rambo --
I made him.


Who the hell are you?

Sam Trautman,
Colonel Samuel Trautman.

We're a little busy, Colonel
What can I do for you?

I've come to get My Boy.

Your Boy?

I recruited him,
I trained him.
I commanded him in Vietnam for three years.
I'd say that makes him mine.

I wonder why the Pentagon would send a full-bird Colonel down here to handle this.

The Army thought I might be able to help,

I don't know in what way, Rambo's a civilian now. 
He's my problem.

I don't think you understand --
I didn't come here to rescue Rambo from you, 
I came here to rescue you from him.

Well, we all appreciate your concern, Colonel
I will try to be extra careful

I'm just amazed that he allowed
any of your posse to live,

Is that right?

Strictly speaking, he slipped up.
You're lucky to be breathing.

That's just Great!

Colonel, you came out here
to find out., .

Why one of your machines
blew a gasket.

You don't seem to want
to accept the fact, .,

that you're dealing with an expert
in guerrilla warfare.

With a man who's the best, .,

with guns, with knives,
with his bare hands,

A man who's been trained
to ignore pain,

ignore weather,
to live off the land,

to eat things that would make
a billy goat puke,

In Vietnam, his job was
to dispose of enemy personnel

To kill. Period,

Win by attrition,

Well, Rambo was the best,

Okay, Colonel, you got us all
scared to death,

What do you and the Special Forces
think I ought to do, .,

about your psycho out there?

Let him go.

- Do what?
- For now,

Diffuse the whole situation.
Diffuse him,

Provide a little gap
and let him slip through it.

Then put out
a nationwide APB,

In a couple of weeks, you'll pick him up
in Seattle or someplace,

working in a car wash,

There'll be no fight,
Nobody else will get hurt.

I do my own work,

I won't close my eyes and hope
he gets picked up in Seattle.

If you send your people in there
after him, they'll get killed,

We're just a small,
hick town sheriff's department,

but we're expected
to do our duty., .

Just like our heroes
in the Special Forces,

In Special Forces, we teach our people
to stay alive in the line of duty.

I never thought of that.

You want a war you can't win?

Are you telling me that 200 men
against your boy is a no-win situation for us?

You send that many,
don't forget one thing.

What?

A good supply of body bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment