Tuesday 2 March 2021

It’s Happening Now








This smells lovely.

I want you to listen to me! 

I'm listening to you, Nancy. 

I am not seeing things. 
I know I saw what I saw. 
And I know it was turning into you, Jack.

Now, that body that we found-- 
That flower. Where'd you get that? 

In the vase with the other flowers.

Just stuck in there? 

Yeah, why?

Geoffrey gave me one of those.

So what? 

There was a customer, Mr. Gianni, he brought one to the baths.

So what?

Put it down, Jack.
It's a pod with a flower on it.
I could not find that flower in any of the books I looked in.
Jack, put it down.

It's a pink flower, honey. 

It could be toxic. 
Look, I have seen these flowers all over. 
They're growing like parasites on other plants all of a sudden.

Where are they from?
Outer space?
They're not coming from outer space.

Why not, Jack?

They're not coming from outer space.

Why? 

What are you talking about, a space flower? 

Why not a space flower? 
Why do we always expect metal ships? 

I've never expected metal ships. 

There's bound to be other ways They can get into Our Systems. 

That's right. They could be getting into us through touch or through their fragrance. 
We would never even notice it, not from the impurities we have. 
We eat junk and we breathe junk. 

Look, I don't know where they're coming from but I know I feel as though I've been poisoned today. 
We've gotta take those flowers in and have them analyzed. 
This is the only thing we know. 
There's something here. 
They could start getting into us, screwing up our genes, like DNA. 

Recombining Us, changing Us. 

Of course, this is just the same way those rocket ships landed thousands of years ago so those spacemen could mate with monkeys and apes and create the human race. 

It's Happening Now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment