Thursday 25 April 2024

Call Me

The girl I loved in high school was with the co-
captain of the varsity lacrosse team, and 
I wanted to take her from him. 

Club Scene | The Social Network


Sean Parker :
I read your blog. 

Mark :
You know, no, that was 
for web cretins. 

Sean Parker :
You know why I started Napster? 
The girl I loved in high school 
was with the co-captain of 
the varsity lacrosse teamand 
I wanted to take her from him. 
So I decided to come up 
with the next big thing.

Mark :
I didn't know that. 

Sean Parker :
Napster wasn't a failure. 
I changed the music industry 
for better and for always
It may not have been good business, 
but it pissed a lot of people off. 
And isn't that what your Facemash was about? 
They're scared of me, pal, and 
they're gonna be scared of you
What the VCs want is to say, "Good idea, kid, 
the grown-ups will take it from here." 
But not this time. 
This is our time. 

This time, you're gonna hand 
them a business card 
that says, "I'm CEO, bitch.
That's what I want for you
So where the hell is Eduardo?

Mark :
He's in New York.

Sean Parker :
Sucking up to ad execs. 

Mark :
He's got an...

Sean Parker :
An internship. The Company's here
A billion-dollar company's here.
Do you live and breathe Facebook?

Mark :
Yes. 

Sean Parker :
I know you do. Wardo wants to be a businessman 
and for all I know he's gonna be a good one, 
but he shouldn't be in New York 
kissing Madison Avenue's ass. 

This is a once-in-a-generation, "holy shit" idea. 
And The Water under The Golden Gate is freezing cold. 
Look at my face and tell me I don't 
know what I'm talking about. 

Mark :
Do you ever think about that girl? 

Sean Parker :
What girl…? 

The girl from high school 
with the lacrosse thing. No.



Mark Gets Rid of His People



No comments:

Post a Comment