Tuesday, 6 September 2022

Weeding




Captain James Hook :
Thank you. 
Thank you. 
Thank you.
Well, my stupid, sorry, parasitic sacks of entrails.... 

Revenge is Mine.

Long live The Hook!

I baited that Hook 
and now I'm proud to announce...
We have his children.

Finally I'm going to 
kill Peter Pan,
that cocky boy who 
cut off my hand 
and fed it to 
The Crocodile!

And who killed that 
cunning Crocodile? 

HOOK!

Who stuffed him?

HOOK!

Who made him into 
a quiet clock? 

HOOK!

Who went to 
The Other World 
and stole 
Pan's children?

HOOK!

And who didn't believe 
I could DO it?
Who doubted me?

Who amongst Us 
Does not Belong?
Someone here does 
not belong --

Stranger amongst 
The Loyal,
I'll weed you out.


[Command ship]
(Skagra snaps his fingers and the sphere settles on a pillar.)

ROMANA: 
Why don't you tell me? 
Why won't you just say what 
you're trying to do? 

(Skagra looks out of a big window.)

SKAGRA: 
Tell me what you see. 

ROMANA: 
Stars. 

SKAGRA: 
What are they doing? 

ROMANA: 
Doing? 

SKAGRA: 
Yes. 

ROMANA: 
Well, they're just there. 
They're --

SKAGRA: 
Exactly. Spinning uselessly through The Void. 
And around them, billions of people 
spinning uselessly through their lives. 

ROMANA: 
Says who?

SKAGRA: 
I Say. 

ROMANA: 
And Who are You? 


SKAGRA: 
What I am now is Not Important. 
But what I, what We all shall become... 

ROMANA: 
What do you --

SKAGRA: 
Shush. Look. 
(He opens his hands.)

ROMANA: 
What? 

SKAGRA: 
What do you see? 

ROMANA: 
Nothing. 

SKAGRA: 
Billions of atoms spinning at random, 
expending energy, running down, 
achieving nothing. 
Entropy, like the stars. 

But what is the one thing that 
stands against Entropy, 
against random decay? Life. 

(indicating himself)
See how the atoms are arranged here? 
They have Meaning, Purpose. 
And what more Meaning and Purpose 
than in here. (his head) 

You do not understand Me. 
Your Mind is too limited.
 
My Krargs. They shall be The Servants 
of The New Generation. 

ROMANA: 
New Generation? New people?

SKAGRA: 
Not new people. 
A new Person.

[Krarg generator room]
(They enter a vapour-filled room.)

ROMANA: 
What? 

SKAGRA: 
Shush. 

(Skagra activates A Machine, and a new Krarg is created. Giant shaggy alien red yeti with post-it notes instead of fur, pretty much.) 

KRARG: 
What is Your Command, O Master?



No comments:

Post a Comment