Tuesday 6 September 2022

Weeding




Captain James Hook :
Thank you. 
Thank you. 
Thank you.
Well, my stupid, sorry, parasitic sacks of entrails.... 

Revenge is Mine.

Long live The Hook!

I baited that Hook 
and now I'm proud to announce...
We have his children.

Finally I'm going to 
kill Peter Pan,
that cocky boy who 
cut off my hand 
and fed it to 
The Crocodile!

And who killed that 
cunning Crocodile? 

HOOK!

Who stuffed him?

HOOK!

Who made him into 
a quiet clock? 

HOOK!

Who went to 
The Other World 
and stole 
Pan's children?

HOOK!

And who didn't believe 
I could DO it?
Who doubted me?

Who amongst Us 
Does not Belong?
Someone here does 
not belong --

Stranger amongst 
The Loyal,
I'll weed you out.


[Command ship]
(Skagra snaps his fingers and the sphere settles on a pillar.)

ROMANA
Why don't you tell me
Why won't you just say what 
you're trying to do? 

(Skagra looks out of a big window.)

SKAGRA
Tell me what you see. 

ROMANA
Stars. 

SKAGRA
What are they doing

ROMANA
Doing? 

SKAGRA
Yes. 

ROMANA
Well, they're just there
They're --

SKAGRA
Exactly. Spinning uselessly through The Void. 
And around them, billions of people 
spinning uselessly through their lives. 

ROMANA
Says who?

SKAGRA
I Say. 

ROMANA
And Who are You


SKAGRA
What I am now is Not Important
But what I, what We all shall become... 

ROMANA
What do you --

SKAGRA
Shush. Look. 
(He opens his hands.)

ROMANA
What? 

SKAGRA
What do you see? 

ROMANA
Nothing. 

SKAGRA: 
Billions of atoms spinning at random, 
expending energy, running down
achieving nothing
Entropy, like the stars. 

But what is the one thing that 
stands against Entropy
against random decay? Life. 

(indicating himself)
See how the atoms are arranged here
They have MeaningPurpose
And what more Meaning and Purpose 
than in here. (his head

You do not understand Me. 
Your Mind is too limited.
 
My Krargs. They shall be The Servants 
of The New Generation. 

ROMANA
New Generation? New people?

SKAGRA: 
Not new people. 
A new Person.

[Krarg generator room]
(They enter a vapour-filled room.)

ROMANA: 
What? 

SKAGRA
Shush. 

(Skagra activates A Machine, and a new Krarg is created. Giant shaggy alien red yeti with post-it notes instead of fur, pretty much.

KRARG: 
What is Your Command, O Master?



No comments:

Post a Comment