Wednesday 10 August 2022

The Life of The Mind

Barton Fink (1991) I'll show you the life of the mind!
 
The Devil :
Barton. Brother, is it hot. 
How you been, buddy? 
 
Well, don't look at me like that. 
It's just me... Charlie
 
Barton Fink :
I hear it's ‘Mundt’. 
Madman Mundt’
 
The Devil :
Jesus, people can be cruel
If it's not My Build, 
it's my personality. 
 
They say I'm a madman, Bart, 
but I'm not mad at anyone. 
Honest, I'm not
 
Most guys I just feel sorry for. 
It tears me up inside 
to think about what 
they're going through, 
how trapped they are. 
 
I understand it. 
I feel for them. 
So I try and help them out. 
 
Jesus. Yeah. Yeah. 
I know what it feels like 
when things get all balled up 
at The Head Office. 
 
They put you through hell, Barton. 
So I help people out
 
I just wish someone would 
do as much for me
 
Jesus, it's hot. Sometimes it gets 
so hot I want to crawl 
right out of my skin. 
 
Barton Fink :
But, Charlie, 
Why me
 
The Devil :
Why... Because you don't listen
Jesus. I'm dripping again. Come on, 
Barton, you think you know pain? 
You think I made 
your life Hell? 
 
Look around this dump. 
You're just a tourist 
with a typewriter. 
I live here.
 
Don't you understand that? 
And you come into my home...
and you complain that 
I'm making too much noise
 
Barton Fink :
I'm sorry. 
 
The Devil :
Don't be. I'll be next door 
if you need me. 
 
Oh... I dropped in on 
your folks in New York. 
And Uncle Maury. 
Good People. 
 
By the way, that package
I gave you... I lied. 
It isn't mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment