Friday 5 August 2022

Drake’s Clean

“With his last act of Cruelty,
The Joker had tainted us all
with Compromise and Deception.

I suppose he had the last laugh after all.”

Commissioner Barbara Gordon 
Terry McGinnis
How could you do it to me, Bruce?!
 
Bruce Wayne
The only thing that matters is The Mission. 
You know that.
 
Terry McGinnis
What about people, Bruce? 
Dick, Barbara, Tim, Selina - 
they all loved you, but eventually 
every single one of them left you! 
Ever wonder why?
 
Bruce Wayne
Not for an instant





They quit because when it came down to it, 
they didn't have the heart for The Mission. 

Are you about to quit too
It doesn't really surprise me.





Tim Drake :
You might as well show yourself.
I heard you a mile away.

I'm no Boy Wonder anymore,
but that old training never goes away.
Even at my age.

The Batman :
Tim Drake. 
You heard about Bruce?

Tim Drake :
Barbara told me. 
That was too bad.

The Batman :
You're not too broken up.

Tim Drake :
I had nothing to do with it,
despite what you think.

When the Joker reappeared,
I was as surprised as anyone.
Barb told you the gory details?

The Batman :
More or less.

Tim Drake :
Look, it's been almost 40 years.
It wasn't easy, but I managed
to put it to bed and go on with my life.


You'll have to do it yourself one day. We all did.

We gave our best, but that wasn't 
good enough for The Old Man.

The Batman :
Regrets, Mr. Drake?

Tim Drake :
When I was younger, part of me 
thought I would go on and on
and someday...

Ah, capes, costumes, playing hero. It was kids' stuff.
Bruce probably did me a favor.

I was so sick of it, I never wanted 
to see that Robin suit again.
Some things never change.

The Batman :
Were all of you bitter 
when you left?

Tim Drake :
Comes with The Territory.
Look up Nightwing. 
Has HE got stories…..

The Batman :
Drake's clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment