Monday, 6 July 2026

Lower Animal Functions






(demonic voice): I shall persist to join you

every night… first in sleep, then in your arms.


Everything will be mixed

with abomination, and you’ll be knee-deep in blood.


Everyone will cry.


There will be none to bury the dead.


You are promised to me!


Prof. VON FRANZ : 

Promised?


She means her husband!


Promised?


Help me! Help me!


(thunder rumbling softly)


Prof. VON FRANZ : 

As I feared.


Dr. Seivers :

Well?


Prof. VON FRANZ : 

“Well” what, my boy? 

Cannot you see?


Dr. Seivers :

See what?


Prof. VON FRANZ : 

See that she is cursed.


Prof. VON FRANZ :

Cursed?


Prof. VON FRANZ : 

Yes, cursed.

This dear young creature 

is possessed of some spirit.

Perhaps A Demon.


Harding :

I beg your pardon.


Dr. SIEVERS : 

I assure you, Harding,

The Professor means 

this as hyperbole.


Prof. VON FRANZ : 

No, I mean A Demon.


Harding :

You jest --


Dr. SIEVERS : 

But what of your own discoveries

of macabre hallucination pathologies?


Prof. VON FRANZ : 

This is not one.


Harding :

You cannot conceivably have 

perceived all of this --

How should this happen to Ellen?


Prof. VON FRANZ : 

Demonic Spirits more easily obsess those

whose lower animal functions dominate.

Demons Like Them. They seek Them out.


Dr. Seivers :

I do not wish to dispute you, Professor, 

but I myself have witnessed women 

of nervous constitutions invent 

all manner of delusion.


Prof. VON FRANZ :

This is no Delusion.

I Believe she has always 

been highly conductive

to these Cosmic Forces, 

uniquely so.


Your Lunatic, perhaps.


Do You then acknowledge 

A Connection between 

these cases?


Prof. VON FRANZ :

That is The Question.


Harding :

Oh, this is just capital....


Anna Harding :

I tell you, it is The Manner 

of her husband’s disappearance.


Prof. VON FRANZ :

No. This Evil…

What it is, How it has been 

summoned, unleashed, 

I know not, but this remarkable child it 

has chained itself to 

is in grave peril.


I must to my studies.


Frau Harding.

Sit with her. Observe her.

Report her behaviour.


Sievers, no more ether.


But she will rave all the night.


Prof. VON FRANZ : 

Then rave she must.

There is a dread storm rising.


No comments:

Post a Comment