Wednesday 7 February 2024

Real

The Real Ghostbusters - Promo Pilot - Remastered (4K 60fps)



Using "Topaz Video Enhance AI", upscaled the 480p version and cleaned up the footage to 4K resolution and interoplated to 60fps. Made some minor color-correction and sharpening in Adobe After Effects. Also on my channel, you can find an alternate remaster with all of the above enhancements, but at the original pilot's framerate.

I used Robert Barbieri's amazing fan-made restoration as a starting point, but the only copy I could find of it was at 480p. I upscaled it to 4K with the AI software, which also removed additional noise/artifacts and reduced frame jitter/shake, added back detail to line work, and interpolated the frame rate. 

I then brought the 4K render into Adobe After Effects and manually sharpened, slightly adjusted black/white levels, and slightly increased saturation. My results would not have been as good if I started with the older copy that came from a casette tape. So a huge shout out to Robert Barbieri! 👏🏽

No comments:

Post a Comment