Tuesday 29 November 2022

Warrior's Gate

And I'm a million different people
From one day to the next --
I can't change my mold


The Designated Survivor
Everyone, behind me! 
I'm the oldest thing in here.





Tom: 
No, don't go. Don't go, please. 
Where is this place? 
Where have you brought us?

BIROC: 
You are where you were.

Tom: 
What? The Gateway still? But that's nowhere.

BIROC
For the Tharils and those with us, 
it opens onto a whole universe.

Tom: 
I see. I see. E-Space. That's right. 
Yes, for You-People it's a jumping off point for E-space, 
but for non-time sensitives, Biroc --
Biroc, I understand. Biroc? 
He's gone again --
It's like talking to a Cheshire cat.



[TARDIS]

(The time rotor has stopped and the doors are open again.) 


ROMANA: 
Can he see us? 


Tom : 
About the same way as we can see him. 


ROMANA: 
Who are you? 


(Biroc's voice comes from 
a long way away.) 


BIROC: 
I am Biroc. Others follow. 


Tom : 
Others? 


BIROC: 
Believe nothing they say. 
They are not Biroc's kind. 


ROMANA: 
But what are you? 


BIROC: 
The Shadow of my past —
and of your future. 


(Biroc leaves the Tardis.) 


Tom : 
The shadow of his past 


ROMANA: 
And of our future.

 
(The doors close behind Biroc and he runs back through the void.) 


Tom : 
Romana, check those coordinates. 


ROMANA: 
They're all locked off at zero. 


Tom : 
Yes. Now listen, you two stay here and hold the fort. 
I'm going to follow Biroc. Come on K9. 
K9? Come on. 
He wasn't built to withstand this type of punishment. 
Come on now, come on. 


ADRIC: 
Maybe it was the time winds. 


(The Doctor sighs and rests his head against K9's. 
There is a little beep.) 


Tom : 
He's still alive! 


ROMANA: 
Doctor. 


DOCTOR: 
Yes? 


ROMANA: 
Zero coordinates. 


Tom: 
Yes. Ponder on that. 


(The Doctor leaves the Tardis.) 


ADRIC: 
Ponder on what? 


ROMANA: 
Don't you see? Our N-space is positive 
and your E-space is negative. 


ADRIC: 
I see. Then this must be the intersection. 
Well, somewhere near the intersection. 


ROMANA: 
If the Doctor can find it. 


(A little later, Romana has got her toolbox 
and is working on K9.) 


ADRIC: 
You're sure you can repair him? 
What's N-space like? 


ROMANA: 
I've just told you, Adric — 
It's positive. 


ADRIC: 
Hmm. Well, I must say I'm quite looking forward to going there with you and The Doctor. 


ROMANA: 
What if The Doctor and I 
went different ways? 


ADRIC: 
But you wouldn't, would you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment