Saturday, 5 July 2025

UNSINKABLE

Hmm. Never cared much 
for the word 'Impregnable'.
Sound too much like 'Unsinkable'

What's wrong with "Unsinkable'?

Nothing -- As The Iceberg 
said to The Titanic....

What's that?

Descending into his seat 
inside The Land-Rover
.....glug-glug-glugg-glugg --

Martha Leaves The Doctor | Last Of The Time Lords | Doctor Who

[Tardis]

TEGAN: 
Doctor? I am free of The Mara, aren't I?

The Chorister : 
(sigh) ......Tegan, Tegan, Tegan.

TEGAN: 
I'm scared.

The Chorister : 
There isn't any need to be.

TEGAN: 
I'm still having terrible dreams.

The Chorister : 
It's your mind's way of coping with the experience. You've suffered a great deal.

TEGAN: 
That could have been prevented if that Dojjen 
person had destroyed The Great Crystal.

The Chorister : 
No, he couldn't. The Mara could only 
be destroyed during the process of 
its becoming -- It had to be trapped 
between modes of its being.

TEGAN: 
The feelings of hate. Doctor, I couldn't go through it again.
The Chorister : Well, you're completely free of it now, Tegan. For you, the Mara is dead forever.
NYSSA: For all of us, I hope.
(Nyssa has changed the gaudy outfit of the previous story for a denim mini-dress and flat mid-calf boots.)
The Chorister : Indeed.
TEGAN: Can you take me back to Earth?
NYSSA: You want to leave us?

TEGAN: 
I want to rest. 
I want to be surrounded 
by familiar things.

NYSSA: 
You'll forget the Mara, Tegan. 
It won't always be as painful as it is now.

(The TARDIS jerks, throwing them sideways.)

The Chorister : 
(checks The Console)
Warp-ellipse cut-out?

NYSSA: 
Can't be — That would mean we were 
near an object in a FIXED orbit in 
TIME as well as SPACE.

The Chorister : 
And what's the probability of that?

NYSSA: 
(Does The Calculation) 
Several BILLION 
to one, against.

TEGAN: 
Are you trying to scare me, 
or is this your way of telling me 
we've broken down AGAIN?

The Chorister : 
I'm afraid it's MUCH 
more serious than THAT.

NYSSA : 
Are we safe?

The Chorister : 
There's a chance something's 
on a collision course 
with the TARDIS.

TEGAN: 
Don't you KNOW?

(Nyssa turns on the scanner.)

The Chorister : 
Well, there's a chance of anything;
Statistically speaking, 
if you gave typewriters 
to a tree full of monkeys, 
they'd eventually produce the 
works of William Shakespeare --

NYSSA: 
Doctor!

The Chorister : 
Now, you and I know that at 
the end of the millennium they'd still 
be tapping out gibberish --

TEGAN: 
-- And you'd be tapping it out right 
alongside them. I only asked 
you a simple question.

NYSSA: 
Doctor, something's 
coming straight for us!

(The sharp prow of a spaceship is 
bearing down on the Tardis.)

NYSSA: 
We've GOT to get 
OUT OF The WAY!

The Chorister : 
We can't. We've converged 
with The Warp Ellipse.

NYSSA: 
Doctor!

The Chorister : 
Hold this steady.

TEGAN: 
We're going to crash.

The Chorister : 
I'll try and materialise 
on board The Ship. 
Hold tight!

(The Tardis materialises on the 
marble floor of a very posh room.)

No comments:

Post a Comment