Saturday, 21 June 2025

Trouble Man




Sam: 
I've seen that book. 
It was Steve's when 
he came out of The Ice. 
I told him about Trouble Man. 
He wrote it in that book. 
Did you hear it? 
What'd you think?

Bucky: 
I like 40's music, so...

Sam: 
You didn't like it?!

Bucky: 
I liked it.

Helmut Zemo: 
It is A Masterpiece, James. 
Complete. Comprehensive. 
It captures the 
African-American experience.

Sam: 
[nonplussed, having 
to defend Zemo] 
…He's outta line, but 
he's right. It's great. 
Everybody loves 
Marvin Gaye.

Bucky: 
I like Marvin Gaye.

Sam: 
Steve adored Marvin Gaye.

Zemo: 
You must have really looked up to Steve. But I realised something when I met him. 
The danger with people like him,
 America's Super Soldiers, 
is that we put them on pedestals.

Sam: 
Watch your step, Zemo.

Zemo: 
They become symbols. Icons. 
And then we start to 
forget about their flaws. 
From there, cities fly, 
innocent people die, 
movements are formed, 
wars are fought. 
[to Bucky] You remember that, 
right? As a young soldier sent 
to Germany to stop a mad icon. 
Do we want to live in a world full 
of people like The Red Skull?

No comments:

Post a Comment