Sunday 13 October 2024

MAX




Making of Batman Returns (1992) - Max Shreck Origins

MAX :
I'd offer you coffee, but my assistant 
is using her vacation time.

Bruce Wayne :
Good time. Everyone but The Bandits'll 
be slacking off till after the New Year.

MAX :
I'm not sure I like The Inference.

Bruce Wayne :
I didn't realize I *made* one.

MAX :
I'm pushing this Power-plant NOW, 
because it'll cost more later.
A million saved is a million earned.

Bruce Wayne :
I commissioned this report. Take a look at it.
Gotham City has a Power surplus. I'm sure you KNOW that.
My Question is: "What's your angle?"

MAX :
"Power surplus?" Bruce, shame on you!
No such thing. One can never have too much Power.
If My Life has a meaning, that's The Meaning.

Bruce Wayne :
I'll fight you. I've already spoken to The Mayor and we agree.

Max :
Mayors come and go, blueblood's tire easy;
you think he could go 15 rounds 
with Mohammed Schrek...?


he's an industrialist uh he among other things has met uh shrek's department store 

Originally, the Max Shreck character, he is The Golden Boy Son of The Cobblepots, 
and it turns out that He and Penguin are Brothers 
and there was that kind of dichotomy in the movie of like 
the The Saintly Brother who runs The City 
and the ultimate Black sheep was thrown in the sewer and how they come up together but the script and the movie is way too rich to begin with and that was just another layer that we finally had to lose when i suggested to Tim Burton tim i i thought of christopher walken and tim who loves ghouls and skeletons and odd things said oh no he said he's he's i'm afraid of him he scares me and i said but tim you're supposed to be afraid of mack shrek -- Christopher Walken 

They made up a fictional character that's not in Batman's universe, and suddenly he becomes the most exciting character in the film well sorry but that's what you get when you put christopher walken in a role he says that there's no such thing as too much power he says that's that's what his life is about now that's uh those are actually his lines i think he means it bottom line she tries to blackmail me i'll drop her out a higher window meantime i got better fish to fry i think max probably didn't have a lot of education and that he sort of made his own way you know what's the deal mr shrek is the penguin a personal friend yes he's a personal friend of this whole city so have a heart give the constitutional rest okay it's christmas i think that max and the penguin for their own reasons enjoy each other's company probably because when you're like that there aren't that many people you can talk to

No comments:

Post a Comment