Monday 22 July 2024

Party Games



Compromise Candidate | Yes, Minister : 
1984 Christmas Special | BBC Comed...

Bernard Woolley: [Discussing possible reasons for the Prime Minister's early retirement] Minister, I've heard something quite different.

James Hacker: What?

Bernard Woolley: That there is £1 million worth of diamonds from South Africa in a Downing Street safe, but of course it's only a rumour.

James Hacker: Is that true?

Bernard Woolley: Oh, yes.

James Hacker: So, there ARE all those diamonds in Downing Street!

Bernard Woolley: Are there?

James Hacker: You just said there were.

Bernard Woolley: No, I didn't.

James Hacker: Yes, you did! You said you'd heard this rumour, I said is it true, you said yes!

Bernard Woolley: I said yes, it was true that it was a rumour.

James Hacker: You said you heard it was true!

Bernard Woolley: No, I said it was true that I heard it!

Annie Hacker: I'm sorry to cut into this important discussion, but do you believe it?

James Hacker: I believe I heard it. Oh, about the diamonds. No.

Annie Hacker: Is it impossible?

James Hacker: No, but it's never been officially denied. First rule in politics: never believe anything until it's officially denied.

No comments:

Post a Comment