Monday, 8 January 2024

A Hologram Never Forgets

MAXTIBLE: 
Now, this is My Theory :
A Mirror reflects 
An Image, does it not?

The Cosmic Hobo : 
Yes….

MAXTIBLE: 
So, You may be 
standing there, and yet 
appear to be standing 
FIFTY feet away —

Well, following the 
new investigations, 
twelve years ago 
by J. Clark Maxwell 
into electromagnetism 
and the experiments 
by Faraday into 
STATIC Electricity.

The Cosmic Hobo: 
…Static?!


Marlon Brando as Jor-El


The Hologram : 
(Arms wide and smiling --) 
Hi! If you're seeing this, 
I'm DEAD! 

Yaz: 
What?! 

The Hologram : 
Is that a bad way to start? 
Bit overdramatic? How's it looking? 

I have been working on this LITERALLY, 
for EVER. It should adapt and respond 
to its environment and whoever 
it's interacting with -- It's an 
interactive A.I. Holo-Me! 

Built from data of My Behaviour 
across THOUSANDS of Years; 
and it SHOULD only activate 
under the gravest circumstances. 
Like if I'm no longer around. 
Now, that would be disastrous. 
BUT, I will have very subtly inserted 
a sonically triggered nano-implant 
under Your Skin and passed it off as static electricity -- 
....if I remember to Do That; I must remember to Do That. 


Yaz: 
You could have TOLD Us 
You'd Done that....!! 

The Hologram : 
Whoa! The emotional receptors on 
The A.I. are a bit oversensitive -- 
....apparently, You're annoyed with Me...? 
Apparently, I should apologise for something....? 

Yaz : 
(still annoyed -- gets past it) .....I've got A Plan :
Tell Me if I'm DOING this right -- 
( she launches The TARDIS into flight )

The Hologram : 
[ Gives an "Ooo-Err!" Grimace, 
while Yaz isn't looking, 
but doesn't say anything ]

No comments:

Post a Comment