Saturday 27 January 2024

Red and Blue





Windom Earle :
When did you first see 
The Symbol in Owl Cave?

Major Briggs :
I'm not at liberty to 
divulge that information.

Windom Earle :
Oh-ho-ho. Cheater. Ha, ha.
What does the cave painting mean?

Major Briggs :
I'm not at liberty to 
divulge that information.

Windom Earle :
Damn, but I love The Military Mind.
What is the capital 
of North Carolina?

Major Briggs :
Raleigh.

Windom Earle :
Fat lot of good that will do me.
Major, I admire your fortitude.
Had I the time and patience,
we might continue this game indefinitely.
However, I have neither.

Catch.


Your Name, please?

Major Briggs :
Garland Briggs.

Windom Earle :
Garland, what do you 
Fear most in the world?

Major Briggs :
The possibility that 
Love is not enough.

Windom Earle :
Oh, Garland, please, I shall weep.
How much does your wife weigh?

Major Briggs :
One hundred and fifteen pounds.

Windom Earle :
Oh, good for her.
Now, when did you first see
the petroglyph in Owl Cave?

Major Briggs :
In... In Dreams.

Windom Earle :
What kind of dreams?

Major Briggs :
I was night fishing with Agent Cooper.
There was A Light, 
Guardian beyond it.
I was taken, but my mind...
Still I recognised the signs.

Windom Earle :
What do the signs mean?

Major Briggs :
There's A Time, if 
Jupiter and Saturn meet,
They will receive you.

Garland, Garland.
Garland, Garland, I was hoping
for a lengthy conversation.

Leo, put The Major to bed.
I'm afraid his mind 
has begun to wander.
There's a time, if 
Jupiter and Saturn meet.



His woman servant, Jones,
delivered this to me
shortly after he died.
Eckhardt's last bequest.

A clever jape, perhaps,
or something of value.

Try this.

No, you see, there's A Secret
to opening each of these boxes.

And this one is about to drive me mad.

Oh, Andrew,
Tell me something good.

Our foreign investors are chomping
at the bit from Paris to Beijing.

You're going to get your golf course.

Right next to
The Great Northern Hotel.

And Benjamin is doing everything
he can to stop us.

Well, it's too late. When The Project
was still in his possession,
Ben cleared every possible hurdle:
the zoning, the impact statements.

He was and is his own worst enemy.
As always. What are you doing?

Nothing, Catherine, I'm just
trying a few simple combinations.

Let me, let me.


No, Catherine.

Eckhardt's birthday.

My birthday.

The day the gift arrived.

- Ah! Ha, ha. Ah.
- Give it to me.

- Oh, what a bore.
- I opened it.

Oh.

Andrew...

Huh.

I'm not completely prepared for this.

Just think of it as a walking embrace, all right?
Two people stepping
as one would step.

- So far, so good.
- Now, just follow me.

- We'll follow each other.
- Mm-hm.

- Good.
- Mm-hm.

It's genetic memory.
Mom and Dad danced The Lindy.

You've got it.

Your body feels nice against mine.

I was just thinking the same thing.

Listen, if I'm being too forward...
I want more than your kisses.


For instance?

- I want...
- This thing on?

Welcome to this final night of festivities celebrating 
The Miss Twin Peaks...

As some of you...
Damnation, is this damn thing on?

What I mean is
I understand why you hesitate,
why you treat me with care.

The convent evokes the image
of helpless women, fearful of 
the thought of any emotion
other than those derived
from scripture and prayer.

But when you hold me,
when we kiss,
I feel safe and eager.

I'm not afraid of anything
that you make me feel or want.

Is this on? Huh? Is this on?

I'm beginning to tire
of his interruptions.

- Welcome to...
- I don't know. I think he's cute.

...this final night of festivities...
- You do?

The Queen :
I think that maybe 
I will enter after all.


Special Agent Dale Cooper :
The Miss Twin Peaks contest?

The Queen :
Why not?

"Hear the other side.
See the other side."

There's worse places to start
than Miss Twin Peaks.
It's like a fairy tale.

And You're The Queen.

No.

Huh?

What a gyp.

Finally meet the man of my dreams,
next thing I know,
he's on a plane to Brazil.

He'll be back one day.

- He promised.
- Yeah.

Well, he also promised
to take me fishing, and we never did.

Love stinks.

- Fishing?
- Yeah.

Pearl Lake or something.

I have some tackle in the truck.

You do?

Audrey, there are many cures
for a broken heart, but nothing quite like
a trout's leap in the moonlight.

May I?

You may.


Windom Earle :
Jupiter and Saturn meet —
Oh, what a crop of mummy wheat

The planets our babbling Major
spoke of are more than distant orbs.
They are, in fact, A Clock.

A Clock that tells The Time.
And The Time... Time draws nearer
with each ticking tock.

Dale wasn't far wrong. 
The Cave painting is an invitation of sorts,
telling us when the revels begin.

But what Dale doesn't know
is where to find it.

For, you see, the cave painting
is not only an invitation,
it is also a map.

A map to The Black Lodge!

There's something wrong.

This isn't right.
There's something wrong here.





Special Agent Dale Cooper :
By Heavens. Andy, take a look at this.
What you mistook for The Four-H Club,
the four and the H, are actually 
astrological symbols.

Andy :
You mean, like planets?

Special Agent Dale Cooper :
Why, yes, Andy.
They stand for Jupiter and Saturn.
Some of the others represent planets as well,
but this particular part of the puzzle
pertains to a precise planetary position.
Jupiter and Saturn in conjunction.


Sheriff Harry S. Truman :
What's that supposed to mean?

Special Agent Dale Cooper :
Well, historically, Harry, when 
Jupiter and Saturn are conjunct,
there are enormous shifts
in power and fortune.

Jupiter being expansive
in its influence,
Saturn, contractive.
Conjunction suggests a state
of intensification, concentration.

What this indicates to me is the potential 
for explosive change,
Good and Bad.

Sheriff Harry S. Truman :
So when's the next conjunction?

Well, now, let's see.
According to the ephemeris...
the next conjunction is due 
January to June.

My God, Harry.
The Door to The Lodge.

That's when it's open.
That's what the puzzle is telling us.
It's telling us when it's gonna be open.

Protect The Queen.
If it's telling us when,
then it must also tell us where.
Fear and love open the doors.

Windom Earle :
What's he saying?

He said,
"Fear and love open the doors."

Two doors, two lodges.
Fear opens one, the black.
Love, the other.

Sheriff Harry S. Truman :
What's that mean?

Special Agent Dale Cooper :
I don't know exactly.
It just came to me.

How does the queen...

- Of course, the queen.


Of Romania?

Special Agent Dale Cooper :
No. The chess game's final piece.
Harry, follow my logic.
If Windom Earle takes the queen...

Sheriff Harry S. Truman :
Game's not over till he takes The King.

Special Agent Dale Cooper :
That depends. Maybe he takes her
to the doorway when it opens.

Sheriff Harry S. Truman :
Which Queen?

Andy :
Agent Cooper.

Special Agent Dale Cooper :
Just a minute, Andy.
The Queen. The Queen.
The Crown. The Queen.

- Harry, the queen.

Andy :
Agent Cooper?

Andy, please.

Special Agent Dale Cooper :
Harry, Miss Twin Peaks.
Holy smokes, that's it.
- Yeah. Yeah.

Agent Cooper, please.

Andy.

Coop, The Plant's been bugged.

Special Agent Dale Cooper :
This bonsai isn't from Josie, Harry.
This bonsai's from Windom Earle.
He's way ahead of us, and we've been 
working for him from the beginning.

What time does that contest start?


Any minute.

Special Agent Dale Cooper :
Let's go.

Andy :
Agent Cooper. 
Agent Cooper!

The Mayor :
Welcome, ladies and gentlemen.
I hope you've had a good weekend.

And welcome to the Miss Twin Peaks Pageant,
in which one of these lovely
and talented young citizens
will soon be crowned
Miss Twin Peaks.

And now, commencing our 
talent section of the show,
Lucy Moran.

Come on.

Small town, man.

So, what, did you bring your whole family?

We're pulling in deputies from all over
to surround the place.
They should be here any time.

Special Agent Dale Cooper :
Harry, it is essential whoever wins
this contest receive 24-hour guard,
house security, I want the works.
As soon as she's announced.

Our next entry
is Lana Budding-Milford,
who will perform a dance of, uh...
...contortionistic jazz exotica.

Lana?

Andy :
Agent Coop...

Special Agent Dale Cooper :
There, my friend, is a real artist.

Audrey Horne :
There is only one way to save a forest,
an idea, or anything of value.

And that is by refusing to stand by
and watch it die.

There is a law of nature,
which is more fundamental to life
than the laws of man.

And when something you care about
is in danger, you must fight to save it
or lose it forever. Thank you.

Thank you, Audrey Horne.

Ben Horne :
Now a brief musical interlude.

Thanks, Daddy.

Ben Horne :
I'm gonna go out there.

I wanna know what's going on
with you and my mother.

Ben Horne :
Donna. Uh...
I, uh, think the wisest course
would be, first of all, just 
to get together and 
talk about this.

I don't think so.

Ben Horne :
Donna, I really don't think
this is the time or the place.

Old pictures, Horne bearer bonds in the attic,
love letters to my mom.

Ben Horne :
I want to tell the truth.
I want to do the right thing.

A birth certificate
with no father's name on it.

What the hell's going on here, Mr. Horne?
Why won't anyone tell me the truth?

Ben Horne :
Donna. Your mother and I...


You're My Father?

Ben Horne :
Donna.

The Queen :
And to illustrate my point,
I'd like to quote these words
from Chief Seattle,
Leader of the Suquamish tribe:

"Your Dead are soon forgotten
and never return.

Our dead never forget the beautiful
world that gave them being.

They still love its verdant valleys,
its murmuring rivers,
its majestic mountains.

When the last red man has vanished
from this earth,
these forests and shores
will still hold their spirits."

For the Indians love the earth
as a newborn loves
its mother's heartbeat.

Why have we all lost touch
with this beauty?

Maybe saving a forest starts with 
preserving some of the feelings
that die inside us every day.

Those parts of ourselves
that we deny.

For if we cannot respect
that interior landthen 
neither can we respect
the land we walk.

So let us, in walking gently upon the earth,
leave behind a simple legacy.
That we're new warriors, mystic warriors 
who love the earth and tried to save it.

Thank you very much.

Thanks to all our contestants.

Balloting will now commence, and 
we will then announce our winner.

Have you both forgotten
what day this is?

Miss Twin Peaks Day?

Today is the day my unborn 
child receives a dad.

It was right on the tip of my tongue.

I have decided that regardless of which individual
is biologically responsible, that 
I want Andy to be the father
of my child.

Andy :
Really?

I'm sorry, Dick, but I just have to do
what's best for little what's-his-name.

Oh, no, not at all. 
A sound choice.

Heartiest congratulations,
dearest Andrew.

Now, if you'll both excuse me,
I do have a vote to cast myself.

Here's to the children. Ha, ha.

Don't sound so disappointed.

Andy :
My God, Lucy.
I'm so honored you made this decision.
And I promise I'll be a great father.
But right now I've got 
to find Agent Cooper.

Men.

It is time to make the announcement.

The Winner of The Contest
and our new Miss Twin Peaks is...
...Annie Blackburn.

Ladies and gentlemen,
Your new Miss Twin Peaks!

This is an outrage.
She's been living in this town
about 15 minutes.

And what the hell got into you?

She gave a beautiful speech.
Inherent in her message were words
even the most craven of us
can ill afford to ignore.


All The Lights go out --
Windom Earle infiltrates The Hall,
disguised as The Log Lady --

What's happening?

Everybody, please,
please, stay calm.

Good Lord.

This way.

Settle down. Everybody settle down. 
Don't panic! This way.

I will help you.

Aah!

Annie?

Annie?

Annie?
Harry.


What?

Special Agent Dale Cooper :
He took Annie.


What?

Special Agent Dale Cooper :
He got Annie.

Bastard. He won't get half a mile
from here. We'll get him.

Andy :
Agent Cooper,
I've been looking all over for you.

Special Agent Dale Cooper :
Andy, they're gonna need you
outside.

Andy :
This is important.
That cave painting in the office,
I finally figured it out.

What?

Andy :
I knew I'd seen it someplace before.
I know where it's telling us to go.
It's not a puzzle at all.
It's a map.





No comments:

Post a Comment