Friday, 29 July 2022

The Androgum Inheritance

 









 
 
 
SHOCKEYE: 
I have a desire to taste one of these human beasts, madam. 
The meat looks so white and roundsomely layered
on the bone, a sure sign of a tasty animal. 

 
CHESSENE: 
You think of nothing but your stomach, do you, Shockeye. 

 
SHOCKEYE: 
‘The gratification of Pleasure
is the sole motive of action.’
Is that not Our Law? 

 
CHESSENE: 
I still accept it, but there are pleasures 
other than the purely sensual. 

 
SHOCKEYE: 
For you, perhaps. Fortunately,
I have not been augmented. 

 
CHESSENE: 
Take care. Your Purity could
easily become insufferable. 

 
SHOCKEYE: 
These days, you no longer use 
your karam name, do you, 
Chessene o' the Franzine Grig? 

 
CHESSENE: 
Do you think for one moment that I forget 
that I bear the sacred blood 
of the Franzine Grig? 
 
But that noble History lies
behind me, while ahead? 
Oh, ahead lies A Vision…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment