Friday 29 July 2022

The Androgum Inheritance

 









 
 
 
SHOCKEYE
I have a desire to taste one of these human beasts, madam. 
The meat looks so white and roundsomely layered
on the bone, a sure sign of a tasty animal. 

 
CHESSENE
You think of nothing but your stomach, do you, Shockeye. 

 
SHOCKEYE
‘The gratification of Pleasure
is the sole motive of action.’
Is that not Our Law? 

 
CHESSENE
I still accept it, but there are pleasures 
other than the purely sensual. 

 
SHOCKEYE: 
For you, perhaps. Fortunately,
I have not been augmented. 

 
CHESSENE: 
Take care. Your Purity could
easily become insufferable. 

 
SHOCKEYE
These days, you no longer use 
your karam name, do you, 
Chessene o' the Franzine Grig? 

 
CHESSENE
Do you think for one moment that I forget 
that I bear the sacred blood 
of the Franzine Grig? 
 
But that noble History lies
behind me, while ahead? 
Oh, ahead lies A Vision…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment