Friday, 5 November 2021

The Duke Leto























LISTER: 
Holly, why Rimmer's hologram?  
Why did you have to bring Rimmer's
  hologram back?  
He was the most unpopular man on board this ship.  
I mean, he even had to organise his own surprise birthday parties.

HOLLY: (Voice only) 
And who should I have brought back, then?

LISTER: 
Anyone.  Chen.  Petersen.  
I mean, Hermann Gerring would have been more of a laugh than Rimmer.  

I mean, OK, he was a drug-crazed
  transvestite, but at least we could have gone dancing!

HOLLY: 
(On monitor screen) 
I brought Rimmer back because he's the best person to keep you sane.

LISTER: 
Oh, crap!

A panel on the wall swings around to reveal a toilet.  A sign over the
toilet reads,
"NOW IRRADIATE YOUR HANDS."

LISTER: 
Not you!

TOILET: 
I do apologise, 
I wasn't paying attention.  
See you later.

LISTER: 
What about Kristine Kochanski? 
 You could have brought Kristine
  back.

HOLLY: 
In your entire life, 
your shared conversations with her totalled  173 words.

LISTER: 
So?

HOLLY: 
In terms of wordage, you actually had a better relationship with
  your rubber plant.

LISTER: 
I know, but Rimmer?!

HOLLY: 
He's the person you knew best.  
Over 14 million words in all.

LISTER: 
Holly, 7 million of those were 
me telling him to smeg off, 
and the other 7 million were 
him putting me on report for telling him to  smeg off.

HOLLY: 
Jean Paul Sartre said hell was being locked forever in a room with  your friends.

LISTER: 
Holly, all his mates were French.

He leaves the room

No comments:

Post a Comment